Thread: Virus named mike148.exe

Virus named mike148.exe

I'm not sure what is going on, I took a screen shot of what is popping up and can't seem to get it to stop popping up. I do not know where it came from, what caused this, I don't download anything on my PC. My brother did however download the free trial a game using the internet and I am not sure if this brought it on. I do not know what to do to fix it, and I am stuck. It keeps coming up every few minutes, or after a while when my brother starts playing the game, some kind of message popsup. I have an anti virus in my PC but I am not sure if it is updated. I even noticed a file named “mike148.exe”, and I have no idea about it. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Re: Virus named mike148.exe

This file named “mike148.exe” is a virus which was first detected on 12.16.2010 and was considered as unsafe, its file type is maleware, file Size is 22K bytes, file Path is : E:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Local Settings\Temp\mike148.exe, You should immediately remove mike148.exe which poses a threat to your computer. The mike148.exe has the following behavior, it tries to
    Run process and Occupies the Virtual Memory space. My advice is to delete that mike out of your computer, restart your machine and run a whole new computer scan.

The file that you saw on the task bar that is mike148.exe is indeed a virus. A computer virus is a harmful computer program that has the ability to copy itself and infect other computer in network . The term "virus" is also commonly used to refer to other types of malware entities, including spyware programs that do not have the reproductive ability as that of a virus. A deadly computer virus can spread from one computer to another in no time. What you can do is update your antivirus as soon as possible, run a complete virus scan, try deleting the file and restart your computer. Till then avoid using any external devices like pen drive or even your phone. Don’t even use the external Bluetooth if you have or it will just keep on spreading and will worsen the case.

What you need to do is remove the virus, and I will show you how? First things first, temporarily disable “System Restore” option , and try “Rebooting“ your computer in “SafeMode”, now you locate mike148.exe virus files and start uninstalling mike148.exe file program. Follow the step-by-step screen instructions given on the screen to complete uninstallation of that harmful application. You are advised to delete or modify any values that are added to the registry which are related with the virus, and then “Exit “ from the registry editor and restart the machine. You should try and clean or delete all mike148.exeinfected files mike148.exe, or can rename mike148.exe virus files if you are unable to modify them. Please delete all your Internet Explorer temp files with mike148.exe manually, run a whole scan with antivirus program.