Thread: Techniques of securing your computer

Techniques of securing your computer

I need your help guys. I have a PC with Intel® Desktop Board D915GAV. Currently the memory it has is 1 GB DDR RAM and with 500 GB hard disk. I have bought this computer for animation purposes. I have pursued my Video editing course from MAYA Academy and I have just started with a freelancing job. I need to daily submit my work, to the concerned parties. I have for so long relied on some trial versions of Anti Virus, but now that I have started with my job I don’t want to take any risk. So if you guys can suggest me some security measures so that I can keep my PC and even my editing work secured.

Re: Techniques of securing your computer

I think you should try for some well known brands Anti Virus which includes both antispyware and antivirus protection. It should also feature regular updates that automatically keeps your protection up to date at all times, ensuring the best spyware and virus detection, blocking and removal capabilities. As threats are becoming more complex which are difficult to detect, you should try having an Anti Virus that responds with new technology to stay one step ahead. With multilayered browsing protection, make sure that your Anti Virus protects your PC against web-based attacks including phishing attempts, scare tactics and silent automatic malicious and unwanted downloads so you can safely stay online .

Make sure that you have the correct and up to date firewall. The information coming from a network is checked by the computer’s Hardware and software, and then it either can block it or allow it to enter your computer, which of course depends on your firewall settings. Even if you think there's nothing in your computer that would interest anyone, a worm has the ability to completely disable your computer, or someone could use your computer to help spread worms and viruses to other machines without your consent . Normally every operating system has an in-built “Firewall” make sure you upgrade yours, and protect your machine.

If you are a Windows user you should confirm as to is your Firewall turned “On”. Windows Firewall is on by default in the newer version of Windows. To make sure it hasn't been turned off, follow these steps, Open Windows Firewall which is in the control panel. On the left hand side, click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you're prompted for an administrator password or any kind of confirmation, provide confirmation by giving the appropriate password. Click Turn on Windows Firewall for each and every network location, and then click OK. It is recommended that you turn on the firewall for all network location types which is a better option.