Thread: Computer hung-up, now from where to start

Computer hung-up, now from where to start

It begins after various unanticipated and unnecessary Internet Explorer redirects various destinations, all unpleasant. Popped up bogus Windows Security messages such as desired to run a virus scan, say no to that. After that it started attempting to advertise an AVG package. At what time I boot the computer generally, every moment that it tries on the way to load one of the several usual processes, a "Windows Security" message pops up as well as advises that the process is infected as well as providing to scan, and so on. The computer config:
    • Toshiba Tecra A10
    • Operating system: Windows 7 Home premium
    • Windows Firewall
    • McAfee Internet Security
    • Internet Explorer 8

Re: Computer hung-up, now from where to start

Please perform the following:

1. Download combofix and save it on your desktop.
    2. Disable your AntiVirus as well as AntiSpyware programs, frequently by means of a right click on the System Tray icon. They may possibly otherwise obstruct with ComboFix.
    3. Now double click on ComboFix.exe and follow the instructions to install it on your system.
    4. Your desktop might go blank. This is usual. It will come back at what time ComboFix is finished.
    5. Make sure that AntiVirus as well as AntiSpyware programs are re-enabled after performing this.

Thank you for your suggestion I do not have internet access on the affected computer. SO I download ComboFix from the different computer. My intention was to place it on a USB stick furthermore put it on the desktop of the affected computer, as per your instructions. However, within seconds when it was just saved into directory on the computer, McAfee inform that it had found as well as removed a Trojan and restarted my computer and begin a small scan. The Trojan it removed was ComboFix.

As you have mentioned that when you have downloaded the Combofix and at what time you have just attempted to install your McAfee removed it saying it is a malware. So I will recommend you to go to start menu and select control panel and click on add/remove program. Navigate to the McAfee and click on it, after that select uninstall. At what time the McAfee is uninstalled run a cleanup utility. Now you will be able to install combofix.