Thread: MSHTA.EXE virus running in Task Manger

MSHTA.EXE virus running in Task Manger

I’ve a acer laptop and I’ve installed a windows xp service pack 2 in my laptop. I’ve internet connection and I usually download e-book for studying. I’m making a project and I need to read a different books for making a project, so I download a e- book from internet. One day when I downloaded some e-book then I realize that my computer is running very slow. I’ve closed all my application and restarted my system. after restarting I get the same problem again, I can’t able to open a single office file, it takes too many time to open. Then I’ve open a task manager and i see 18 to 20 “mshta.exe" is running in background. I’ve tried to end the task but it won’t end. I don’t know how to remove this. Please help me.

Re: MSHTA.EXE virus running in Task Manger

It is a virus and you need to remove this virus for behaving your system normal. This is a kind of virus which hide themselves at the background and slow down your system. this type of virus will never pop up or show any message. They hide at background and do there work. They can make a severe damage to your system. you can remove this virus by running a antivirus software. You have to install a antivirus software in your system. install a antivirus software and scan your system for virus.

If you have not installed a antivirus software then get it first. The file which you can see on your background is a virus. This virus usually comes from internet. If you have downloaded any content from any unreliable website then you got this virus from them. There are many threats on internet, like virus there are different types of worms and Trojan, you have to prevent your system from all this threat. You can install a antivirus software in your system and scan your system for virus. If your antivirus detect any virus then delete it from a system

MSHTE.EXE is a virus, this virus usually hide themselves and slow down the system. as you have said, you’re downloading a e-book from internet, may be this virus has entered during downloading process. Virus are attached to a file and it get entered while downloading a file. Virus need a trigger for activation. The virus which is attached to a file need to click on that file for activation. Virus will only start its function when you click to that file which virus has attached.

This is a virus and it is utilizing your RAM memory therefore your system is performing slow. You can’t see this virus because it is running in a background. There are different type of virus some shows a pop up message, some make a duplication and some hide themselves. The virus which you got in your system has hide itself and it is running in background. You should use a antivirus software to remove this virus. You can download a antivirus software from online. Download and install a antivirus software and run for scan, if your antivirus detect any virus then remove it from a system.