Thread: Redirect virus blocks internet Explorer 8

Redirect virus blocks internet Explorer 8

I have been trying to sort out a malware problems from a trojan and may be it will make my system down because I have not come to any conclusion . I considered my was safe but it does not even register the Microsoft Update site: from the Help Center on my system, when I click Windows updates, I get some sort of error message that states "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view;" if I type in and try to open the update site of Microsoft then I get some other error message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message, but it works from other system , I hope you can do something for this, I was being told that it is a virus that is redirecting a particular site. What does this mean , please help to sort this mess .

Re: Redirect virus blocks internet Explorer 8

I think the redirect was how you got the junk in the first place since when you are trying to get out, it dumps in spite of of what you do. Well I do not thing any sort of anti virus will be of any aid to this redirect. Can or you should try to download and run these other logs in safe mode. I am not certain that your computer will do it the regular way . I am telling this as safe mode reboots with basic drivers .

Well this issue is sometime also faced when you have more then one AntiVirus Program installed in your system. If you are facing such issues then one both the Antivirus Conflict with each other and therefore result in some issues similar to yours , so let me ask you , just check in whether you have installed more than one Antivirus program installed in your machine , if you have then please remove one and keep the updated one.

In the interest of giving you as absolute a picture as feasible, I was looking back on the infected system to discover where I had seen the remainder Symantec file; I do not come across them anymore. I had faced almost same issue , I had Symantec Antivirus installed in my system and had a scanner installed , so I removes the scanner device plugged in my system , if you have any such peripheral installed then please remove it and then run a test on the system and see the results .

I am researching on your issue . I Connected with the Kaspersky site. I think it does it at the initial occasion with these type of sites-- looks like when you go back, when it is blocked.then Ultra Defragger came up; I clicked on the does not make any sort of difference. My system now gives me a "critical error" at base of screen near time, that states "Windows can't find hard disk space. Hard drive error." I never knew that this will really turned out to be a malware , I could not find out the exact solution , if someone does get through this please post your reply.

Ultra Defragger - Redirect in IE8 and a host of other troubles

Hi all - I obtained the Ultra Defragger virus by entering the search term, "vertabrae injuries," on google and following a link to a Purdue.edu site. I got a somewhat typical, "Certificate Expired," warning, accepted it. I downloaded nothing. It took me to a whacky site and I exited IE8. Since then, it's been one party after another. MalwareBytes took some of it out, Endpoint 11 got a little more, however all my Start/Programs folders are empty (what few of them are left...) and my browser is still hijacked. I've uninstalled/reinstalled IE, no luck there. I've manually edited the registry...that just got my desktop icons back. Thus far, I have found no cure. I tried to reinstall the O/S, it went to blue-screen 2X. The damage this has done to my operating system is profound. Good luck, if you find the magic bullet fix, let me know. Deb

Re: Ultra Defragger - Redirect in IE8 and a host of other troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Debster123 View Post
    Hi all - I obtained the Ultra Defragger virus by entering the search term, "vertabrae injuries," on google and following a link to a Purdue.edu site. I got a somewhat typical, "Certificate Expired," warning, accepted it. I downloaded nothing. It took me to a whacky site and I exited IE8. Since then, it's been one party after another. MalwareBytes took some of it out, Endpoint 11 got a little more, however all my Start/Programs folders are empty (what few of them are left...) and my browser is still hijacked. I've uninstalled/reinstalled IE, no luck there. I've manually edited the registry...that just got my desktop icons back. Thus far, I have found no cure. I tried to reinstall the O/S, it went to blue-screen 2X. The damage this has done to my operating system is profound. Good luck, if you find the magic bullet fix, let me know. Deb
    Well, could you tell us what blue screen error messages you are getting? Also what is the operating system you are using? Reading through your comment I can still guess that some virus is still left in your pc and you need to remove it asap. Have you tried to system restore to a previous state where everthing was working fine?

XP Pro/SP3. The blue screen(s) displayed during attempt at O/S reload, following the normally required reboot during the initial phases of XP Install. The unfortunate issue on System Restore is that the primary recommended removal from Symantec tells you to disable Sys Restore, i.e., wipes out your restore points. I'm running End Point 11.

My latest efforts included running Malwarebytes from safe mode, that unearthed a few. At present, I've got Stopzilla running. One of the larger issue is that the infection initially removed all rights to all files and of course, took ownership of any/all Win tools at the same time. I was able to get that deskewed using RKill and running MSCONFIG & Regedit from a copy on media, thus was able to re-enable task manager. During the first reboot (Symantec, post scan), I saw a script running that read, "Deleting C:\Doc's & Settings\*.*, my user profiles and files. Sure enough, the folders are there, and I got the -H -S attribute reversed, but there are boo-koo files gone, blown away. Ditto on Start/Programs, very little at all left there, however, the prog files themselves are intact. This will require a tedious manual profile rebuild.

This one is wicked, guys. I think the host virus UltraDefragger invited some really bad malware.

Hi Debster123,

There is a detailed information given on how to remove this Ultra Defragger virus from your pc at bleepingcomputer site. As you have already used rkill and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, you need to further use some more tools like Unhide and so on. Just search for the Remove Ultra Defragger (Uninstall Guide) on google and do the needful.