Thread: Admin not being accepted as user after changing the router

Admin not being accepted as user after changing the router

In my laptop system I just plugged new router , but it is showing some unexpected results as when ever I try to log in, there was some issue with the router , so I replaced it with a new one , but after that there was some problem in the IP address 192.168.1.1 as well as it does not accept my username and password even I log in as an admin , what you think can be the reason for this issue , I am totally puzzled as I was not able to sort it out. Please some one tell me the solution for this problem.

Re: Admin not being accepted as user after changing the router

If you have cannot remember your LinkSys router password, the simplest method is to perform reset your router to the factory default settings. To restore the router set up to to factory defaults, hold the reset button for atleast more than 25 seconds , this process is called as hard reset . After you have done the hard reset, you will require to login and configure it again. Then you can enter the default user name and password.

Well in that case you can reconfigure your router To reconfigure your router , connect a system to one of it's Ethernet ports, open a web browser, and type in the URL 192.168.1.1. This will result in a popup box to appear and that will ask for username and password to login to your router and then there you can enter the user name and password that were set at the time of factory setting s , I have a linksys router , in my case it would have been a blank space for user name and admin as password. But I am not sure in your case.

If you have cannot remember the linksys router admin access password or for any other wish to reset the settings of the any router for wireless , there are different default user id and password being assigned by various manufacturers , you can try by leaving the user and password field as blank . if this issue is due to the IP address , you can get a new one ,so then you can click on DHCP reIease and DHCP renew , it will solve your issue .

In some cases the user name is kept blank the password is admin. Have you ever been able to obtain to the router's setup . Configure Passwords. Now that you are aware how to access your router Linksys router settings, the first thing . It seems that if you leave your password at default, any script changes or any sort of funny things can break in, steal your WEP, and mix up your configuration. There was a similar issue with the Linksys router while using the iphone with it .