Thread: Windows 7: unable to access roaming profile

Windows 7: unable to access roaming profile

Well I am having a work group of 10 computers. I am facing strange problem and I have decided to discuss with you all. Well whenever I login on the system of mine it simply prompts that there is an issue with roaming profile of yours. It also suggests me that I should login with the earlier saved profile. Id on know why it is happening in this particular situation. Anyone having the similar kind of the problem please reply as soon as possible. Any suggestion to overcome from this situation will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: unable to access roaming profile

Well looking at the situation I think this issue is associated with WINS (Windows Internet Name Service) . Well usually Windows utilize WINS to communicate with domain and due to which it fails to find out the network. In my situation this problem was begun due to use of Static IP at client side and router was used for the name resolution purpose. However at server side WINS was installed and still there was problem. I have found that you can resolve the issue by setting the IP address of the WINS manually. I let you know that this solution only work when there is no communication issue between the server and client systems. so try it.

You have to launch the command prompt on the client system of your work group and Ping the server name on the command prompt and see whether it reply or not. If it don’t produce any output then ping IP address of the server machine and see it reply or not. If there is no result then I am sure that there is communication problem between client and server system. You have to run ipconfig /all on the client system and see that you can find IP address at Primary WINS-server. Well it’s the IP address of the server on the WINS service. I am also suggesting that you should use see in to firewall or antivirus software which is blocking ports of WINS. Well you have to see 42 (TCP), 1512 (TCP) and 1512 (UDP).

Well I want to know whether you have tried with system restore. Roaming folder is used in the situation where domain is used. Well using roaming profile you can get all the user setting irrespective of terminal which is being used. This profile is copied on the system from the server when user login on that particular work station. I think this problem is associated with security issue in your system. I think some virus or malware might be causing problem in this particular situation. Well you have to update antivirus on your computer and run a virus scan and see whether it helps you or not.

I want to know whether folder recommendation is enabled on your system. Well your profile gets corrupted when you use folder redirection. Hence I am suggesting you that you should disable the folder redirection policy in your system. Also see that you are having correct permission for the roaming folder profile which is stored on the server. Roaming profile will not work if you are using Encryption File System for the same.