Thread: Not getting proper bandwidth with wifi network

Not getting proper bandwidth with wifi network

Hi all, I am using a Compaq Presario f739 AU notebook from last two years. The machine is running with windows vista ultimate OS. Other specifications of my notebook are like D-Link wireless router, NVIDIA graphics driver, 3GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, and Intel dual core processor. The machine is basically use for internet; I am student, so I usually collect different notes from different web sites. I am using wireless network service from last 8 months, till now it does not give me any problem with the connectivity and also with the network bandwidth, but from last two days, I am facing low bandwidth problem, not getting proper bandwidth speed when i access internet. I contact with the service provider, but they did not found any technical problem in my network connection. I am not a technical savvy, so I am here for getting some suggestion regarding this, what should I do now to resolve this issue? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Not getting proper bandwidth with wifi network

I think the problem might be occurring for the network that you are using from a long time. For that, I would like o recommend you to try once by upgrade the driver version, for that you need to download the latest version of driver from manufacturer web site, which compatible with the machine hardware specification and also with the version of the operating system, ping to the correct device driver and install into your machine. After that insert proper configuration options, those are required to set up the network connection.

This is required to reconfigure your network connection after a period had similar issue, after that I consult with my service provider and they suggest me to reconfigure the network connection. For that enter to the network and sharing windows under control panel and then from there look for the network name, by which you usually connect your machine, right click on it, and from the properties window, reinsert the options those are necessary to configure your machine with the wireless network.

Relevant issue with the wireless network that I am suing in my machine, from very few days I am not getting proper bandwidth speed with my network service. The problem is occurring for both the browsing and download. The required speed that I have in my internet connection to access is 2MBPS, where as I only getting 1MBPS. In tried by reload the wireless driver, but this does not help me. What to do now? Is there anyone having any solution for this issue? Any suggestion will be helpful for me greatly.

I think the problem is completely occurring for the wireless driver, because I was also facing similar issue, then after research on this, I simply reload the driver, so I also recommend you to reload the wifi network router driver which you are using in your machine. For that insert the installation disks and from the device manager choose reload option, just browser and start the reload the process. After completion of process it will ask you to reboot your machine, do this, I hope by this the problem will be solved. And if still you are facing the problem, there should be any issue with you internet connection. Contact with the service provider technical person and get some solution for this.