Thread: "Your machine is infected" error message whenever connecting wireless router

"Your machine is infected" error message whenever connecting wireless router

From last two days I am frequently getting an error message looks like, "Your machine is infected". And this error message comes whenever I connect my wireless router into my windows vista compatible Toshiba notebook. I installed Linksys wireless router, which is up to dated. But still the error message occurring, is this for the router firmware or for any other component in my machine? Suggest me something to overcome from this problem. Any suggestion will be helpful for me greatly.

re: "Your machine is infected" error message whenever connecting wireless router

For this problem I recommend you to full scan your machine, because the error message is shown to you regarding your machine not for the wifi router. Be sure that the antivirus program is up to dated and by this start the scanning process. If there is any issue in your machine then by this process it will surely detect and will removed from your machine. Sometimes I found that for the virus affect this type of error message comes in your screen, and this will only flashes if there is any hardware component is attached with your machine.

re: "Your machine is infected" error message whenever connecting wireless router

The problem may be occurring for the firewall security option. Might be the firewall files are not updated or not able to monitor the router firmware application, for this I recommend you to update the firewall version file from Microsoft official web site, for that click on windows update from start menu and wait for download the featured files from web site. After download it will direct you to install them in your machine, install and reboot your machine for apply the updates. Go through this, I hope by this you will surely be able to overcome from the problem that you mentioned in your post.

I think the router firmware is corrupted by any other software application, for this I think you should try once to overcome from the problem by reload the firmware, for that first of all remove the existing one from program and features folder under control panel, along with this also remove the containing file from recent item folder and registry folder. It may ask you to reboot your machine. Do this, and then again install the wireless router firmware in your machine. If there is any visual effect or non trusted software is installed then remove that one from your laptop. Any one of them might be the cause of the posted problem. Go through this process, I hope by this you will surely be able to overcome from the problem.