Thread: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

I’ve a hp pavilion laptop and I’ve a internet connection. I’ve beetel 450 bx1 adsl2+ modem, I was using this router with airtel broadband. now, I’ve switched to mtnl triband and I want the configuration of this, but I don’t know how should I get this. please tell me how to get the configuration. Before I’m using the broad band from airtel and now, I’ve seen that mtnl has more good plans then airtel therefore I’ve switched to mtnl triband. I also want the complete detail about my connection. Please tell me how should I get this. Please help me

Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

You have not mentioned from where you have taken this modem. Have you got this modem from your ISP ?. If you are using airtel broadband connection before then surely you have get this modem from airtel. If beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem is supplied by airtel then you have 192.168.1.1 userid admin PW password. For configuration Access menu pages Present connection will be Airtel1 _32 link Check VPI/VCI ) 0 and 32 is available ( for MTNL) if not edit it, select on dialer mode, save reboot, now Log in external dialer and try. Try to follow the above steps, hope you get it.

Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

If you want any detail about your triband connection then you can directly contact your ISP i.e.. internet service provider. You have said you was using airtel broadband and after that you have switched to mtnl triband connection and now you want the configuration, you can configure easily by contacting to your internet service provider. You can get the complete detail about your connection by contacting to your ISP. You can also search on the official website of your ISP for latest updates on new plans and schemes.

Sorry dude, I did’nt get your question properly. Are you want to say that you want to configure your modem ?. or you want the complete detail about your triband connection. I think your both the question is have only one solution i.e. contact your ISP. For any difficulty you can contact to your internet service provider. Every ISP has there own technical team and customer care center you can contact to your ISP at any point of time or you can also search on the internet for any of the query regarding your network.

unsure Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

i am continuing this topic because i have the same problem..
    except i already have an mtnl non wify router and i want to use the beetel 450 bx1 as my wify router (not at the same time of course).
    however i cant reach the configuration page (http://192.168.1.1/main.html) for the beetel

thanks,
    kikri

To get out from the above mentioned issue I am suggesting following thing which you should try and let me know about.
    • You should simply click on the Start button and click on the Run and enter CMD.
    • Now you should copy and paste the above mentioned command and put the output over here.

Code:
    ipconfig /all
    I am waiting for the reply of yours.

Post Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

i have pasted the reply below but some info i have dotted out as i felt it was not required. if it is, then i can repost it. also i wanted to mention that when i connect the beetel, the connection status is "limited or no connectivity".

Thanks.

C:\Documents and Settings\....>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : LAPTOP
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : .........................................
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ..............................

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth ...........
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ...............................

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : .........................................
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ............................
    Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.156.210
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Limited or no connectivity error appears when your modem fails to establish link with the internet connection. For that enter the config page of mode. You can do that by typing 192.168.1.1 in your we browser. Provide the admin login. Keep your mtnl user account and password ready. There under dhcp settings you have to provide those information. Check on your modem that adsl light is up. If it is not then the issue is from mtnl side.

question Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

isnt it possible to manually set the IP settings for the wify router so that the config page comes up?

*Regarding the lights, the WLAN light is on, and the DSL line blinks.
    Last edited by kikri; 18-08-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: adding information

It is always been the default IP address in order to open your wifi router's configuration page. You need to enter this IP address on the URL section of web browser and from there you can access the configuration page. You may need to put in Username and password there. On the other hand you are talking about manually setting the IP address for router. I think this is somewhat possible but not sure about it so far. There are certain kind of application which will force the router to enable a manual IP address to the router. But i don't know have much information about it.

sad Re: how to configure my beetel 450 bx1 adsl2 + modem with mtnl broadband connection

The limited or no connectivity only comes up when IP settings are set to Automatic, but when I manually set the IP settings (taken from non-wify mtnl connection), the connection is normal.

Still...no config page.