Thread: Windows 7: 0 packets received

Windows 7: 0 packets received

First I hope that I have selected the right category to speak of my problem (I am new to this forum, so not having much idea about posting). The fact is that for a couple of months now I can not play online (world of warcraft if this info could be used). Before, I was getting very high ping, now because of many packages that are lost during the connection, using the command + ping server ip, 4 packets sent me back not even one, while tracert ip + is about half the packages do not come back, but are often even more. I am using Windows 7 with not much applications installed. It would be much grateful for me, if you members provide some resolution for my problem.

Re: Windows 7: 0 packets received

when it comes to wow, then we must also consider issues relating to the shard server ... is not necessarily your problem ... may be down or inactive, or too many connections ... in other words, see under what conditions is the server, especially if you play on some private. Also exactly what type of error message you are getting? It would be better to troubleshoot, if you provide that.

Sure, actually this is a tracert I did today

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 53 ms 46 ms 41 ms net-93-145-64-1.cust.dsl [93.145.64.1]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 * * * Request timed out.
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 48 ms 48 ms 48 ms 85.205.26.157
    so up to 17 from 18 on, all stars up to 30 ... The problem is not yet solved.

These asterisks indicate no loss of information. The tracert program sends packets using the ICMP protocol (as is generally the ping command), but if the target blocks the protocol (with a firewall) then it is an asterisk and the message "Request timed out", to indicate that the maximum time has expired withdrawal from your PC. So your problem lies elsewhere and not in the loss of information ... I want to ask more questions to you..!! In what sense you can not play anymore? Do not you connect to your WoW server, the connection gets lost often, is connection slow?

I connect, but the lag is so high that it is impossible to play, even 15-16000 arrival of latency while playing, and this since I installed a large patch (before everything was fine, so I can not understand why ). I talked to costumer service and I have said before that was a problem of too high ping, then, requiring pathping and tracert, they told me to contact the ISP because there were details that were lost. You members think that this might be problem of network card?

It could also be a problem with the network card, but in this case should always be so. You ask the question: in addition to WoW, normal web browsing and downloading files are OK or are experiencing slowdowns? If the rest of the web is not known slowdowns of any kind then the problem lies in the game, or rather in the patch installed. Try turning off the firewall in this case the operating system, and if you have even the router, and then see if the speed of the game has improved.

in general, the connection is fine, I did a speed test and it seems everything is ok and I can look good even in things streaming. I have windows firewall turned off completely and do not use a router but a modem d-link 320 that I do not seem to have a firewall (before all these problems I used a philips router and also from that I had turned off the firewall ). after the problems encountered for the first time I immediately uninstalled and reinstalled everything, the game and patch but there were no changes (although now I think I will try again to reinstall everything ... you never know).