Thread: Unable to remove Home Group and Libraries icons from desktop

Unable to remove Home Group and Libraries icons from desktop

I have recently upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 home premium and I want to remove the icons such as Home group and libraries from the desktop. Can anyone tell me how to remove the Home Group and Library icon from desktop? Thank you I advance for your valuable suggestion. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to remove Home Group and Libraries icons from desktop

To take away the Home group as well as Libraries icons from your desktop, Go to start menu and in the search box type cmd and in the open window type regedit.exe and navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFWARE->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Explorer->Desktop->NameSpace

Inside the Namespace file, make out there might be a folder by the name {B4FB3F98-C1EA-428d-A78A-D1F5659CBA93} . This is the registry entry Home group icon. You just need to delete the file from the registry.Inside the Namespace file, make out there might be a folder by the name {031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}} . This is the registry entry Libraries icon. You just need to delete the file from the registry.After that go back to your desktop as well as hit F5, now the icons are supposed to vanish. Libraries as well as Home group have maintained their complete functionality to the extent that I can inform, as a result it has not appeared to have exaggerated the programs in any way.

I assume by "property" which means when I installed / Uprade to Windows 7-RC. The library was there, but the main group appeared after she passed by a group home and password dialog. The only way to eliminate them is to select Do not show desktop icons and choose not to keep them away. They do not show desktop icons in the selections? Only refer to other will go gray in my tray icons are active, but not color or animation? The wireless connection icon appears in the animation of a minute or two, then gray again. If I click on one of them displayed in the popup window well.

If the icons are displayed on the desktop, to be moved to the Recycle Bin or right click / Delete to clear. Is there any icon next to the start tab? If so right click and click remove this program from the taskbar.At what time you state "desktop “I imagine the screen that appears at what time no other windows are open, displaying the background. If this is not the place you attempt to take away the group home as well as Library, please explain how to get where you want to delete. So you are trying to take the group home and the library function of your computer?

I have recently installed the windows 7 release candidate. Previous to installing, I had make use of simple transfer on the way to save my settings from windows XP Professional. I primarily did not have the home group as well as library icons on top of the desktop. After I used simple transfer to re-establish my settings, they come into view and I cannot throw out them. If I alter my network position to work from home, after that the home group icon vanish. Once I alter the network position back to home, it come back. Anyone figure out a answer to get rid of them ?