Thread: Windows 7 shared folder

Windows 7 shared folder

In windows XP & windows Vista, at what time a folder is shared, the symbol of a hand is displayed holding the shared folder; however Windows 7 appears to have this removed. How do we be familiar with which folder or else file is shared in Windows 7? I institute that the hand symbol is extremely handy. I seemed to have missing my home group’s password (Windows 7), is there a means on the way to remove this current home group plus re-create a new home group? As the title suggests, with Windows 7, how do I share a certain folder on my home network? If you have any solution to this trouble please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7 shared folder

I will recommend you to try this and let me know if this resolves your issue. Open computer; show up home group on the left / right mouse / home settings or else something. Select leave home group. Are you making use of more than 1 computer with windows 7 on it?? If you are not, I would not bother making use of it. I would leave it off / disabled. It’s just in reality used if you have got more than one computer, with Windows 7 on it. Hope this information is helpful.

Go to Control Panel \ Network and Internet \ Network and Sharing center connection. Identifies what kind of network you are sharing. The icon can be a house (home network), a blue building (corporate network) or a bench (public network). If you have more than a lot of things get complicated, but we guess that it is not your case. On one occasion you understand which network, click on "change advanced sharing options" on the left. You will become aware of that there are two separate sections (even though this shows in detail one at a time), one for home networks and enterprise and the other for public ones. Ensure you are in the section which belongs to your network and set the following values: Enable network discovery, Asset sharing files and printers, Enable sharing read / write public folders (this is not mandatory though), Disable password protected sharing (for easy eye to the whole thing but what you share). It after that creates a folder on the root of a disk (if the writing on the desktop for example, seven will share the whole tree from the root, we do not like). Right click on the folder / share con/ specific users " In the window which appears, click the first combo box and choose "everyone". Now Click "add" and "everyone" will become visible in the list below. At that point you be able to set if "everyone" have the right to read-only or read / write. Make your choice and click "share".
    Maybe then you make the connection of the open folder on the desktop so easy.

Hi I add to this discussion but my trouble is a bit different. I have windows 7 home premium and for the first time yesterday I require to share some files inside the local LAN. At what time I went to "network" in resource management, I observe that the folder "User" of my computer was already shared. What worries me a bit 'cause I am sure that I never wanted to share the specified folder on the network (as I said before I have never used the characteristic of sharing in LAN)? It is normal that this folder is shared by default? What appears rather odd as it is a folder which contains the majority of user data; it includes the My Documents folder, music, video, desktops, and so on. So all network users have access to all of my files without my knowledge? This may possibly be a malware that has shared this folder to take my data? (What is rather strange because that Antivirus constantly updated, they have never detected anything unusual). How do I disable the sharing of that folder?

On the Internet it is confirmed that Windows 7 does not share whole drives. Even though it is dangerous for the steadiness of the system for the damage that be able to cause unwary Web browsers, you can as well share entire disks, including system, in fact. The just difference is the sharing folders we have seen earlier than is that you first require to share folders as armored super RECICLER, System Volume Information, and so on and after that, when there are no more locked folders, share the entire disk. What are the folders you desire to unlock it tells the similar Windows 7 at what time trying to share the disc through locked folders inside as you return an error indicating file and folder still locked. Hope that this will assist.