Thread: Internet speed affected by the Ethernet Cable Quality

Internet speed affected by the Ethernet Cable Quality

Friends, I am having the BSNL Broadband 750 plus which is having the unlimited down/upload, 256 kbps speed. I have the low class Ethernet cable connectivity for the use of net access. The download speed for me changes from 25 to 30 kbps only. Some of my friends told me that if I alter the quality Ethernet cable then it can raise the speed of the internet. I have doubt that this will be possible. Therefore I am leaving a thread here so that I can get more idea from other users. If you anything regarding this then please share that with me. Thank you.

Re: Internet speed affected by the Ethernet Cable Quality

I do not think that the Ethernet cable that you are using is of such a awful class that your internet speed would be exaggerated because your whole bandwidth is 100mbps in the direction to begin with. Troubles occur because of defective cabling are additional of common disconnection plus possibly packet loss, but just when your cable is spoiled and as well improbable for a cable which is just about 2meters in distance end to end. You can test with an additional cable just to be certain and make use of Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test to carry out an precise speed examination.

There may be some other problem with this. As you are having the 256kbps connection and the download speed that you are getting is about 25-30KB per second then there is no problem with the connection. Connection is totally fine. You can check for some other possible reasons that can cause the issues like this. This is what I think about this but I am also not too sure about this.

No I don’t think that the Ethernet cable that you are using can affect the internet speed. I would like to tell you that the BSNL is for all time slow. This is not only you but all the users who care having the same connection is facing the similar problem and I do not think that there is any way by which this issue can be solved. So you have to work with the same speed that you are getting. I wish that BSNL will recover from this issue soon.

The kind of Internet which you pledge to as well as the method in which your computer is accessing the Internet together has an effect on the internet speed. If you are still making use of the old created modem similar to a 56k modem then you will get the in the Internet at a extremely sluggish speed and be supposed to believe upgrading toward a dissimilar service for example high speed broadband.When selecting the high speed Internet services then you can select as of DSL as well as cable as your major choices. In the majority of cases, cable Internet services provides quicker as compared to DSL services. Though, this might just grasp right if the cable company that offers your Internet service has efficient their equipment, for example the connections which are used to run the signals. When it returns to DSL, your last speed will be exaggerated by the distant that you are from the major DSL hub. If you are too far then this will give you slower connection.

I am also agreeing with the above post that BSNL is most of the time slow. But if you think that you are getting the speed too slow that it should give then there may be some problem with that. What you can do is, just run the speedtest.net and verify your internet speed. The speed that you get is not satisfactory then you can make a contact with the Customer care and ask them for the problem. I hope that they will provide you the exact reason and accordingly solution for that issue. Thank you very much.