Thread: Desktop Management with Windows Intune

Desktop Management with Windows Intune

You all must be knowing that Desktop PCs are not managed properly, they are potentially error-prone and unsafe. So some of my companions told me that I should look for the Windows Intune. I am looking for security because I am having small travel agency and there are some information that I want to keep secure. I am having 11 systems with Windows XP operating system in all. So please guide me with an installation process of Windows Intune. I am sure that you members will provide necessary information about my queries.

Re: Desktop Management with Windows Intune

The management tools for Windows are provided as Intune Cloud service. Accordingly, access is via the web browser, https, and indeed at the address://manage.microsoft.com. Once authenticated by a Windows Live ID, you are automatically redirected to your personal console. If you are an administrator in more than a Windows Intune subscription, you will see a list of your subscriptions, from which you can select by clicking a. You can at any time the Administrator Console by clicking on a switch to another account from the list again to return.

The following are the conditions for the use of Windows Intune. It is therefor not have its own server infrastructure required. Please note only the following points:
    1. The desktop operating system must be Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista or Windows 7 (you are having Windows XP, so done).
    2. For Windows XP desktop, 256 MB RAM and a 500 MHz CPU minimum requirement.
    3. The managed desktops will need Internet access.
    4. If a firewall between the desktop and the Internet is available, it must communicate with the domain "manage.microsoft.com" permit.
    5. The proxy server must be http and https, and either non-auth or Negotiate (Kerberos) permit. In Negotiate (Kerberos), this must be configured for computer accounts.
    If you already have a Active Directory, you can still use Windows Intune course. However, there may be conflicts when you configure the same setting, both with group policy as well with Windows Intune.

If you already have a Active Directory, you can still use Windows Intune course. However, there may be conflicts when you configure the same setting, both with group policy as well with Windows Intune.
    To avoid this, you should either be managed with Windows desktops Intune move into a separate organizational unit (OU) and then block the application of Group Policy or filter. Or the existing group policy change so that the settings for Windows updates, firewall and antivirus software are not configured. A desktop PC with Windows to manage Intune, you must first Intune the Windows client software to be installed. Related to your Windows Intune console in the Administration area. The software is already there using certificates personalized, so no configuration necessary to install more.

Intune is Windows client software installed, the desktop will automatically appear in the list of unallocated computer. From there you can then add it to one or more computer groups. These computers are comparable with the organizational units (OU) in Active Directory, they serve the targeted allocation of Windows Intune guidelines. The Windows Intune client will automatically download other software components and install it. These include the System Center Operations Manager Client, a Windows Intune monitoring agent, a policy provider and a firewall -configuration provider. This software component, the Windows administrator Intune enforce centrally defined policies to monitor and reliable.

The administrative tools in Windows Intune allow the configuration of a variety of important settings. The most important point is that you can enforce these configurations effectively. Is to say, a local user on a desktop PC can not change the configuration you made (unless you do so explicitly). Also important: Any administrator who has some experience with Windows, in the administrative console navigate quickly and easily, as the individual surfaces are similar to the corresponding surfaces intentionally very strongly in Windows.
    • Updates: Here you can specify for which Microsoft products you want to distribute updates. Automatic approval rules do the distribution of those updates that are critical to you. All other updates check and approve individual, where you make direct links to the Knowledge Base articles to work.
    • Anti-Malware: Windows Intune to include anti-virus software. You can choose: either install Windows Intune Malware Protection automatically and remove any existing anti-virus software (provided this is recognized by the Windows Security Center), or install only where no other anti-virus software is still available. If it exists, but is not a Windows Security Center recognize, then you can disable Windows Intune Malware Protection and to avoid conflicts.
    • Alerts: PC problems manifest themselves in general not only in the form of annoying the user for error messages, but also through event log entries. Use of warnings in Windows Intune gets displayed, the administrator not only at a central location, the relevant status messages, but it gets the same information that will help to solve the problem. For the important warnings for you to configure additional e-mail alerts free, so you get critical messages or remote support requests without delay, for example, on your mobile phone.