Thread: Which wifi router supports MTNL

Which wifi router supports MTNL

Hi Friends, I am having the MTNL triband connection on my computer. Recently I bought a new laptop and I want to connect that to internet. But the problem is that I don’t know that which router should I get that will be able to support the MTNL. That should have the wifi and also has a pair of LAN ports intended for the computer. I have less idea about that so if you know that which one will be better for me and can support the MTNL then please provide your suggestion. My budget for this is around 2500. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Which wifi router supports MTNL

You can go with the WL-520gU Wireless router and that will fulfill all your needs. It is a G Series Wi-Fi Router.It is all in One Printer Server that can wirelessly and concurrently contribute to printing as well as scanning functions meant for multiple users. It contains auto detection with new Easy User Interface which brings the simplest and greatest method to setup the router. It has Powerful along with easily operated Bandwidth on Demand streamlines for the Gaming, Audio, and Video experience. So this will be best among all the available router. You can also search for other and buy that if you feel that will be better than it but my suggestion to you is to go with this.

According to me you are having two options that you can check. First option is that you can pay Rs 800 that is non refundable and get the MTNL combo. If you use this then you will also have to pay Rs 150 per month. Other option is that you can buy the Netgear Wireless Router that will come around Rs. 1900 - 2000/-. They will provide you 3 years warranty and this is the best category, I can say. The NETGEAR Wireless Router is a easy as well as protected method to contribute to high-speed Internet connection intended for surfing on Internet, email, online chat as well as Facebook. This has simple setup through the Smart Wizard CD puts you up and running quick, while Wi-Fi Protected Setup provides you a protected connection on the press of the button.

My suggestion to you is to go with any of the good available router but do not go with the MTNL's wireless router. I think that this will be more costly. If you already have the modem from MTNL then you can return that. If you do that then it will save the monthly modem rent for that. This is just an advice to you. Again choice is yours and you can do whatever you feel good. Thank you.

I advise not connect it toward WAN except to LAN port itself. If you connect to WAN would mean that ASUS router is used in favor of dialing the connection. I make out that this is not the dial up but there was not a enhanced method to place it. Moderately attach it to the LAN port as well as through the MTNL router's DHCP enabled. The entire clients connecting to n/w will be auto assigned IPs. Also for the entire clients you join, maintain TCP/IP setting to get IP setting auto. The asus router would simply perform as a control. In config page designed for asus, maintain it in Auto Config - DHCP mode as well as immobilize its DHCP.

If you would like to purchase them my suggestion to you is to go with the D-Link ADSL router. It might cost approximately 5000/-. Otherwise you can buy Dlink 502T it is used typically by everybody within Mumbai intended for MTNL Triband. It will Cost about 2000/-. You would obtain it in each computer shop. They are extremely ordinary. Let the MTNL person give the router for you, so if there are some issues through the router they will restore it with a good one. You can purchase a Router on or after a shop where they advertise every Computer accessories and computer hardware.