Thread: Network activity permanently under Secure Shell or SSH

Network activity permanently under Secure Shell or SSH

Hello,I have two ubuntu computers connected in network by means of Secure Shell or SSH. At what time the remote folder is mounted within a few minutes I found a permanent network activity embolism bandwidth, the only solution is to unmount the remote folder. I have not found an explanation yet. Is there a solution? Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestion in advance.

Re: Network activity permanently under Secure Shell or SSH

Hello, on the way to investigate, you have a number of commands including: Last giving the history of the various users, Top that gives the current tasks, Tail-f / var / log / syslog to log the last. Quick question, you would not by chance an indexing tool like tracker? Please try the suggestion and if it does not resolve the issue please let me know the result. So that we can provide further information.

I have a backup tool called Luckybackup (using rsync GUI) that is in theory put into action only at what time the extinction by a small script. Is this rsync constantly functioning to accelerate the backup then? With the top command, while I do not anything, it takes 33% CPU activity and this permanently. Thank you for your thought of my case, I regularly browse through the forum, there are many questions, and a number also could be avoided by doing research. But on this point there I have not found a forum topic. Thanks once more to assist me.

I will recommend you to have a look at the logs to monitor luckybackup if match, network activity or with the tail command. During this burst of activity? Maybe in the options for your backup software you be supposed to tell it NOT to backup the folder / home / tone / .gvfs and all subfolders. That is where is gvfs mounts so it's a place that does Backup knowingly.

Sorry but as a random phenomenon I do not have the connection that races from this afternoon On the other hand, looking at the log files luckybackup actually it appears that rsync go look on the remote pc information through / media / server IPaddress / home and he must wade through the records of remote PC, where the ongoing activity and consumes bandwidth and CPU. How to avoid it except removing the remote folder? I still consider that the problem is solved as far as I know where it comes from.