Thread: Windows 2000 domain fails with windows 7

Windows 2000 domain fails with windows 7

I am using a windows 7 compatible Dell inspiron laptop, the machine is specified as 3GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, AMD athlon 64X processor, the machine is basically sue for access internet for some of my official purpose along with for some of study purpose. I just once tried to enter into my windows 2000 server, by joining my windows 7 machine as domain system. When I period to join the domain, it flashes that the relation between the machine and server is not trusted, and still now I am not able to join them, I am not having such idea on this type of problems, so I am here for getting some solution or suggestion regarding this. I hope someone from here will definitely help me to solve this issue…

Re: Windows 2000 domain fails with windows 7

I think the operating system is not compatible with the windows server version, where you are trying to connect your domain machine. Because some of the application programs are not support with windows 7 OS. Though I have no such information regarding this, so I hope this might be cause of problem that you mentioned in your post. So for that I suggest you to make sure, the windows server version that you are having is compatible with operating system, which is installed in your domain machine. Along with that some of the configurations are needed in your domain machine.

I also think that the domain machine is not configured with your server application program, if you are trying to connect your machine via network cable, then I suggest you to locate the network service by which you are trying to connect your machine, go to the properties of that network and insert appropriate option or information, which are needed to create the connection. Also I recommend you to check the settings of your network router that you are using to connect your machine server application. If the mentioned options are properly configured in your machine and the server, then I recommend you to reinstall the server application program in your machine, might be for some of other application program, this server application is not running or not able to configure in your machine. I hope this information will somehow help you to resolve your issue.

Similar issue in my machine, which is running with windows vista OS and I make this machine as a domain machine and usually connect with windows 2000 server. The machine was running fine till the date, but suddenly from last few days it creating a problem with the server connectivity. Whenever I tried to connect my machine into server, it directs me a message that, windows is not allowed to connect your machine with server. I am not having information regarding the server problems, so according to my knowledge I tried all the processes to recover this problem, nothing is works over there. I also tried by reconfigure the server and eth network authentication in my machine, this also not works what should I do now? Suggest me something to get rid of this issue.

Sometimes I found that, this type of problems are might be occurred for windows file(s) are not up to date, or may some of them are corrupted. So if in your machine similar thing happens then I suggest you to update they windows version that you are suing in your machine, for that click on start menu and from there locate windows update option, click on update button, it will first gather the windows update file information and download them into your machine, after that it will ask you to install them. Before that I recommend you to remove the server application program from your machine. And after up to date the windows version, will again install this one with proper settings, I hope this will surely help you.