Thread: MSE and Norton Antivirus are blocking websites

MSE and Norton Antivirus are blocking websites

Well I have come here because I have the issue with the working of the Microsoft Security Essentials and Norton Antivirus here. Well all was running well on the system but recently after installing Windows 7 64 bit I have seen the issues with the System of mine here. I would really like to know what I can do so that the issue can be solved. I have EVGA P67 and after installing Windows 7 I got the issue here. Before this I had no issue with Norton and Microsoft Security Essentials working. I have seen that I cannot simply open up any site. Can you all please let me know what I can do so that the issues as such can be solved? Any help in the matter will be appreciated. Can it be possibly because of the EVGA P67 Motherboard?

Re: MSE and Norton Antivirus are blocking websites

If you want me to see for the issue then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can have a check on the Internet Connection and see if you can dig out the issue from there. Just open up the Control Panel and then go in the Network Settings and see if all the things are set well there. Hope that you will find the solution with no big issues. Let me know if what I have said is correct here. Please let me get notified.

I think that the issue that you are having may be because of the Firewall software that you are having installed on your system. Please if that is the case then make sure that the Browser is allowed by the Firewall. After this getting set up nicely you will be required to go to the Official site of the Browser. I mean to say that if you are using the Mozilla Firefox then go to the http://www.mozilla.org and see if there is some issue with the browser. Hope that you will find the instructions of mine worthy and helpful. Please let me know if was able to help you out.

Well I think that there must have been some sort of the updates that your Antivirus must have installed and hence you are getting the issue. Well it will be great if you can just have the installation of the Norton and the Microsoft Security Essentials done again and see if the issue gets solved after this. Please while going with these steps do make sure that you do the fresh installation of the things. Make use of the CCleaner and then proceed with the things that I have mentioned here. Sometimes the previous settings may work but after getting updated the things can cause the issues as such. Also in addition to this please check for the Network Connection as well and see if what I have said really help you in any way.

Just try to see if the following settings go in your way. If you have the Firefox browser then just see for the steps below. Open the Advanced tab and then choose the Network tab. Under this you will be required to select the Connection Settings. Once you are done with this then you will be required to see for the Manual proxy configuration and then you will be required to put the proxy under HTTP proxy. After this you will be required to go in the Tools and then choose the Internet Options. There you will be required to select the Connections tab and then choose the LAN Settings after this you will be required to just check the Proxy Server. If this opens up the things then for sure there is some issue with the Network. Please let me know about this.