Thread: Not able to access Network Drive or Network Files

Not able to access Network Drive or Network Files

I ma having two machines Dell XPS420 desktop with Windows Vista 32 bit and the other one is HP dv7 notebook with Windows 7 64 bit. Both of the machines are working fine, with all of them features and the operations. I basically use the windows 7 compatible machine for fulfilling my daily requirements. Along with that I am also having a 1TB external hard drive, which I tried to access by plugged in my windows vista compatible machine, from windows 7 machine via wireless, but the problem is that, after connect the connectivity, I did not locate or access network drive and Network Files. What should I do? Is there any one having any solution for this problem?

Re: Not able to access Network Drive or Network Files

I think there might be the access permission is disable d in your driver, which you are trying to access,. For that I suggest you to go into the windows firewall settings option or any other third party software application settings window, and from there locate access option, under that choose LAN and make sure that the access permission is enabled, if not then make it enable. As per your problem, I think there should be the access permission problem, so I hope by this you will enable to resolve the issue.

The network driver that you are using in the machine, by which you are willing to access your external drive, is working fine or not? To check it, go to the device manager and from there open network tab, look for the driver application, make sure that the status is ok. If you found any problem over there, then I would like to suggest you to reinstall the driver application program. For that, insert driver installation disk into the CD/DVD ROM drive, now right click on driver name under device manager. Choose the advanced option. It will ask you to locate the driver installation program from any disk or from nay other location if this stored. Choose from the desire location and start installation process, wait till the process completes. I hope by this, the problem will be solved.

Might be there is no configuration is done in between the machines, by which you are trying o connect and access the files via wireless network. To configure them, first of all turn on the wireless wizard of both machine, by administrator account. Now by this account start the process, search respective machine from other machine where you logged in as an admin. Now go to the create a new connection wizard, and from there locate the network name or the address, right click on it and enter into its properties window, from there make desire settings to access the machine via network service. Turn of the network router and after that try to connect and access the file, which you are requiring. I hope there might be configuring issue, and by this process, the problem will be definitely solved.

Relevant issue in my Dell inspiron laptop, this is running with windows 7 OS. my machine is also compatible with wireless connectivity, I basically sue my machine for access internet, and some of the home entertainment. The problem is occurred yesterday, which I was trying to access some of the file from my friend machine, which is listed in eth network window, but not able to open and access them, after click on open option, it simply directs that, the machine is not accessible, you might not be having such permission to access the machine. Instantly I checked both the am chine firewall option and other network settings, but nothing found. I also I tried a lot, as per my knowledge about this problem. Now I am here to collect some of the information’s regarding this, so I hope someone will definitely help me to resolve this issue, any input will be very much helpful or me.