Thread: Windows XP is not recognizing vista laptop via wifi

Windows XP is not recognizing vista laptop via wifi

I am having two machines, the old one is running with windows XP OS and the new one is running with windows vista ultimate platform. Both of the machines are compatible with wireless connectivity. I basically sue my laptop for official purpose, like access internet; also I used to connect the machine in my home network. the problem is that, when I tried to connect my both the machine via wireless connection, the windows 7 machine is detected fine, but not able to make the connection with other XP machine. Though it can easily connect with another windows 7 compatible Dell inspiron laptop. Why this happening with only my system, I can’t understand. I did all tricks according to my knowledge to resolve the issue, but nothing works over there. So I am here to gain some of the suggestion or trick to overcome from this problem. So what should I do now? Any input regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows XP is not recognizing vista laptop via wifi

According to my opinion regarding this issue, I would suggest you to check whether the wireless driver is working fine or not. Because maximum wireless connectivity problems are occurred for wifi driver, though the machine name is listed, but not connected, so this might be also might for network authentication, if there is any authentication is set on your vista machine, so first of all disable this one, then try to connect the machines. Along with that also make sure that in the other machine, no authentication is activated while any network tried to connect with it. Where as if there is any authentication problem then this will be flashes in our machine screen, while you click on the connect button.

I would like to suggest you to remove the existing wireless driver application from your machine and along with this also remove other windows collaborating files of that wireless driver. According to your problem that you mentioned in your post, I think this one should be occurring for the driver. That you installed in your machine, for that I suggest you to remove that one first, and then reload this one again in your machine. Because I was also having similar issue, and by reload the driver application this overcomes. Some of the driver applications files are might be missing from your machine, and for this problem occurring, as my opinion. After reload the driver, restarts your machine and then try to connect your machine with the other one. I hope this time, the machines will definitely connect.

This problem might be occurred for any other third party software application those are installed in your machine, like the tool bar or some of the visual effects. So for that you first of all remove them from your machine and then try to make the connection. If you are still facing similar issue, then I suggest you along with other software application program, also remove the driver application. For that go to device manager, and from there first check whether the driver is working fie or not. I suggest you to enter into device manager, and from there locate the wireless driver, right click on it and choose advanced option, now it will ask you to select the installation application program from our machine, locate this one and begin the installation process.

I am also facing similar issue in my windows 7 machine, which is able to locate the machine those are connected in my network, but not allowed me to connect with them. Whenever I tried to connect with other machine, it simply flashes, windows not allowed to make the connection. What is the message indicates? Is there anyone having any information regarding this issue? Though I tried by reload the wireless driver also reconfigure with network service, also checked into other machine, they are working fine. The problem is only happening with my system, though other machine is easily connected with each other. Any input will be very much helpful for me.