Thread: Ethernet is not recognized in Linux Mint

Ethernet is not recognized in Linux Mint

I just tried the live cd of BEA, an issue to see if everything works well with my new computer and unfortunately Linux mint does not see network connection. I also try with Xubuntu same result though the LED hardware (behind my computer) shows a connection but the activity light (transfer) is extinguished. Going to the network configuration (I tried with mint and xubuntu), there is no known connection (eth0 I guess). My router is functional, I am sure he is not involved, the assumption is that I may start my motherboard is maybe not fully supported from the outset Here is the configuration of my computer: Processor: E6600, Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP Edition, Hard drive: Maxtor Maxline II 500 GB SATA, Catre-graphics: Nvidia 7300GS, Memory: Infineon 2 x 1024mb. The Lan RJ-45 (there are two integrated into the motherboard) is supported by Marvell Gigabit LAN controller. Does anyone have any idea what is causing the problem?

Re: Ethernet is not recognized in Linux Mint

I have a little idea, if you do not find a solution: I think I read a post on ubuntu-fr.org which one member explained a similar problem and that too with a P5B Deluxe (I think if my memory is good), it encountered problems reconnaissance network. The solution given was to install Linux from Windows XP, I do not know if this solution was successful or not. I do not have a version of XP (as I have an intense desire to free myself!). In addition, it will be flat and difficult to contaminate my beautiful computer with your system. I am sure that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing.

I have huge problems with network connection in Mint (but, ultimately, not only). I try to explain. I used Vista Home Premium and I never had any problem connecting to the network. Then, for various problems, I switched to Mint and Windows 7 in dual boot. When I launch Mint, most of the time (but not always) Wicd cannot establish a connection. There seems to be a rule, it's all very random: sometimes it connects, sometimes not. In order to establish a connection, I could not find another way to try several times to disconnect and reconnect, reset everything ... a little 'accident, in fact. At the end (but it often takes several attempts) I can often connect to the Internet. I say "often" because this morning the problem seems to be worse: Despite repeated trials, failed to establish a connection.

I think that I am also facing similar kind of issues, although less serious, is also with Windows 7 at startup sometimes does not recognize the network. Here to solve the problem simply disable and then re-enable the network and everything works fine. But with this solution Mint does not always lead to results. I state that on the same router is connected to a laptop with both wired and WiFi Puppy Linux netbook with Ubuntu: none of them has ever given me the connection problem. I also made some attempts to swap the order of the cables on the router (you never know), but to no avail. In addition, I repeat, with Vista I had never encountered any problems connecting!

I thought it was a timing problem in the sense that it was necessary to wait a bit 'of time between turning on the modem and the ability to login to the network to be recognized. I did several tests and waited half an hour after the problem occurs again as it was. I use a Belkin modem router and a PC in dual boot Dell desktop Mint and Windows 7. Mint is that Windows 7 has some trouble establishing a connection (most severe in the case of Mint, with just 7 to reset the network and everything works). When I was using Vista I had no problems. The other computer connected to the same wired router has never given problems, as I've never had to use the netbook with the wifi router.

It also lists the exact model of the router, the provider, type of connection you want to do (ethernet or wireless), if there are other computers on the network, if you use a key to the connection or not, if you're sure your surroundings there are no other free lines to which the computer could groped to connect at startup. This will definitely resolve the issue. Disable DHCP on the router and then I set all the IP addresses of computers on the network. Install and uninstall Wicd network manager. Give two different IP on the same PC and Windows 7 Mint.