| || |
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: Laptop does not recognize LAN cable
Run the downloaded driver file (7ira09ww.exe). Thus, the driver is unpacked (not everything happens as a result). Should you, the default file does not regularly revising that drivers will be unpacked in the following folder: C \ DRIVERS \ Win \ ETHERNET. Incidentally, you can delete that folder after the installation.
- Go in Device Manager the Ethernet Controller "Update Driver". You will see the Hardware Update Wizard.
- Choose the question "Should ...?": connect to Windows Update" No, ...".
- Choose the question "How would you proceed?": "Install from a list of install ...".
- Select on the next page: 'Search this sources ... ". Remove the tick "Search removable media" at. Set the checkbox "Include this location in search". Fill in there the path of the folder where the unzipped driver files, and attach \ PRO1000 \ Win32 (C: \ DRIVERS \ Win \ ETHERNET \ PRO1000 \ Win32 if you the path did not top last, that would be). Explanation: In the packed driver file contains a driver for multiple controllers, each with its own subfolder. This will need a \ PRO1000 \ Win32 are appended.
- After "Next" You should see the drivers are installed.
- - Install the drivers I think the way for one of the worst successful parts of Windows XP.