Thread: Adding a second Server to a SBS 2003 Server

Adding a second Server to a SBS 2003 Server

I want a second Server (2003 R2) to Add to SBS 2003 domain. The details of the network architecture are quickly told:
    1. There is currently a single Microsoft SBS 2003 server with 5 workstations.
    2. Now there is an application (business solution) I use on a Separate Server want to install.
    3. What is the recommended procedure for adding additional servers?
    4. What should be respected in particular and SBS 2003 domain?

I am really thankful for any kind of help.

Re: Adding a second Server to a SBS 2003 Server

The new server Windows 2003 R2 (Standard or whatever) will get you the best in the domain by adding it to add it to the Server Administration Console. Similar to the client computer entry, where people also server computer. Server computer hiding behind the well-known clients of the wizard. Then connect the server to connect computer. That's it, already. More importantly, that should have the new fixed IP.

I have read this and related to this I want to say that you can basically take everything, and you will have it with win2003 or win2008 easiest. Server log into the domain, the AD move in the appropriate group and ready. But if the server is still supposed to be DC, run dc promo, in the case of the first win2008 adprep on the SBS, but there are great instructions you can get these instruction easily on to the many of the website.

It is not officially recommended practice, but you can quite a SQL-based application running on the SBS. I have a customer for 5 years an SBS (about 15 users) supported, ran to the stable and reliable all the usual services plus a MSSQL application plus 2 MySQL applications. Then, when the company grew, he invested the money for a more robust infrastructure, but by then it was no problem. However, this depends on your hardware and the size of your database. If you have power reserves and the budget is limited, it would be worth a try.

SQL Server on SBS is sold by MS so see SBS Premium. And regarding this I want to say that it is finally a pure performance issue. On a modern multi-core hardware for 5 users certainly conceivable. SQL on XP / Vista goes up to 10 connections, but still wondering how the count. Performance is contingent on the hardware. Vista equivalent to the core server 2008. And I would be interested in the instructions to do so. So if you have any suggestion then share it.