Thread: Notebook keeps stating Validating identity when attempting to connect to the router

Notebook keeps stating Validating identity when attempting to connect to the router

I have a acer notebook and I cannot connect to my wireless DLink router. Well it is not giving me the connection and whenever I am trying to connect tot the router it is giving me some message which says that it is validating the identity. While my brothers laptop which is newly brought and also not properly setup does not gives such issues. It gets connected to it properly and works well with the wireless network connection. So why is this happening?

Re: Notebook keeps stating Validating identity when attempting to connect to the router

Well you get this type of message only when you have unintentionally kept the corporate type security on. So that’s why it is giving such type of error. So In order to remove do follow these steps
    1) Go to the network connections and from there select the wireless adapter and select its properties by right clicking on it.
    2) Click on the wireless network tab.
    3) You will get the list of the preferred networks. There select the appropriate entry for your network.
    4) Then click on the properties. After that select the authentication tab.
    5) There you will get the box for Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network. Ensure that it is unchecked.
    After doing this steps do a reboot of the system and check out for the changes. It will definitely help you.

Re: Notebook keeps stating Validating identity when attempting to connect to the router

Well there can also be a possibility that you may not have the appropriate driver for the modem or the router. That’s why it is giving you such an error. So get a download done from the appropriate routers manufacturer’s website. This might work for you. Download and install the driver in it and reboot the system. Just check if there is any change in the system. This should work for you if there is any driver issue in your notebook. Do let me know if it works or not.

I have tried with the same solution earlier and it is asking me for some type of password. It is asking that the system needs a password about 40 bits - 104 bits. You can enter 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters. So anyone of you having any idea why is this happening. It prompts me this every time I try with this method. So any suggestions then do share it with me.

Well let me tell you I tried with the above method and everything seemed to have worked fine for me. There may be a possibility that you may have enabled the password confirmation in your settings. So that’s why it is asking to set the password. So In case you want to set the password then set it. If you want more information on the ASCII characters and the hexadecimal characters then do a search on the internet and you will get the information accordingly.