Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-01-2011

Windows 7 home Premium "backup" cannot access network drives

I am extremely dissatisfied to discover that windows 7 home Premium 64 bit does not support backing up files on the way to network locations. To formulate things bad it furthermore will not permit you to make a backup to the similar drive being back up which prevent the choice of building the backup and after that performing a xfer of the information to the network drive. I imagine this is foolish, that at the moment I find out I require to purchase windows 7 professional to get this ability.First is this all right, and next if this is right can a person purchase an upgrade from windows 7 home premium to 7 professional or else do you have to purchase the full charge of a windows 7 professional upgrade.
Old 15-01-2011

Re: Windows 7 home Premium "backup" cannot access network drives

My suggestion to that is that I am running a Windows Home Server on my home local area network (LAN). That gives automatic every night backups of each and every one of my Windows clients, which are Windows 7 and windows XP in my case. Are you receiving any error message, at what time attempting to save the backup to a network place? You be able to save a backup on the similar drive of which you are taking backup. You are able to upgrade for home premium to windows 7 professional.
Old 15-01-2011

You are not right, I cannot construct a backup to a network, by means of Windows 7 home Premium, yet the records you sent, says you have to have in any case Windows 7 Professional. I believe this is irritating. Somebody at Microsoft requires reorganizing what people do at their homes, a lot of us have home networks by file servers. Microsoft must not have restricted the software of WINDOWS 7 Home version in this way and be supposed to give a fix.
Old 15-01-2011

Is it probable to re-establish a backup to a network drive? I created a backup of my Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) to a mapped Network-attached storage (NAS). I had like to re-establish the backup to a file on the Network-attached storage (NAS) to confirm the contents of the backup previous to installing the complete retail edition. I would as well like to be able on the way to hand choose what files I copy from the Network-attached storage (NAS) to the new install.
Old 16-01-2011

I encompass external (USB) hard drives on both of my Windows 7 PCs (one desktop and other laptop) which I backup to every night by means of Windows Backup. It functions very fine.I make use of a Windows Home Server however went in this way for the reason of portability mainly by means of the laptop, that is I am able to take the external hard drive with me on journey as well as still do backups.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,