Thread: Manage wireless networks has no listings

Manage wireless networks has no listings

My Windows 7 connects to wireless networks well as well as observes each and every one the wireless networks broadcasting in my region. By clicking the SID I am able to connect to my network, as well as enter my network key, on the other hand, it does not memorize the key, and I have on the way to retype it each moment. At what time I go to "Manage wireless networks" and attempt to alter the settings for this network thus it will memorize the key, I come across that the "Manage Wireless Networks" is empty, still even though I have connected to numerous wireless networks, plus windows 7 is believed to automatically memorize them. Any assist is respected. Thanks in advance.

Re: Manage wireless networks has no listings

I too have this issue. At what time I go to Manage Wireless Networks, it shows appropriately in the bottom status bar that I contain nine wireless networks, however each and every one that is listed on top of are nine PC icons and a empty area where the network info used to be viewed. I have upgraded my system from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It functioned just well in windows Vista. What happened to the listing of my wireless networks? If you have any suggestion regarding to this issue please let me know. Thank you in advance.

To resolve this problem, I will recommend you to rename the Frmcache.dat and Usrclass.dat files (if they are there) inside the Default User profile as well as the profiles of the users. You can also try one more method Permissions on: C:\ProgramData->Microsoft->WLANSVC as well as sub folders had been messed up. I made certain local administrators can read and write on that folder as well as spread the permissions downward in the folder. Tthen Windows 7 started saving my network profiles like it is supposed to.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I was also looking for solution to get rid of this issue. After searching on the Internet I did not get any solution to resolve the problem. But the solution mentioned in this post worked for me as well. Very annoying that the Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) passkey would not save. Thanks for sharing your answer! Hope this will be useful to someone else having the same trouble.

angry Re: Manage wireless networks has no listings

There were a few unique answers to this issue that I have tried with others from other forums and still don't have any listings my "Manage wireless networks" and still have to type the WEP everytime I log on my home network. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Jim