Thread: Slow Virus scan with Lavasoft Total security

Arrow Slow Virus scan with Lavasoft Total security

I am, using window XP in my computer. I download Lavasoft total security antivirus on my computer, yesterday I install this antivirus. The virus scan is very slow. When I scan any folder, files it takes several minutes some times more than one hour. Is this normal? Please help me to solve this question.

Re: Slow Virus scan with Lavasoft Total security

I am having the exact same problem, I am using Lavasoft total security antivirus in my windows vista. This antivirus is very slow during virus check. I need to close other application during virus scan. I have to waste my more than one hour for this virus scan. It’s really annoying and I am not able to figure out a way. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi friends,
    The speed of virus scan is mostly depending on the computer’s configuration. It also depends upon your hard disc data access speed and due to low RAM memory. So increase your RAM. Check your hard disc data access speed. Slow virus scan may be because of your computer’s old configuration. So update your hardware this may solve your problem.

This is because of your slow CPU performance. The speed of processor is low of your computer. The speed of virus scan is also depends on your computer’s processor. For the better results use fast, latest processor, RAM should be 2GB or more than 2GB is recommended as well as fast accessing hard disc.

The multiple processes slowdowns your computer’s performance. Check for the processes which are running at the background. Stop all the processes which are not of use. If any task is important for you and that task is running slow due to virus scan then increase the priority of that application’s process from the task manager. Lavasoft total security antivirus application is heavy and needs more CPU attention. So free the CPU for this application. Hope this solution will work for you.

Check in your program files for antivirus programs. If there is more than one antivirus software is installed than this may cause this problem. It is highly recommended to only use single antivirus software at a time in your computer. If you are using more than one antivirus application then this will decrease your computer’s performance. Install all other antivirus software from your control panel. Do not use more than one antivirus software. Use only single antivirus software for better results.

For Fast scan:-
    • Increase your RAM memory.
    • Use latest and fast processor.
    • Remove unwanted applications.
    • Use hard disc of latest technology.
    • Disable other antivirus or similar applications.
    • Update your antivirus and use latest version of antivirus.
    • Keep C drive of your computer free as possible.