Thread: Windows 7 does not show connected to the wireless home network

Windows 7 does not show connected to the wireless home network

I have recently upgraded my operating system of the laptop to the windows 7 operating system. Now I have connected my laptop to the wireless router and I have noticed that I cannot setup a home network in my laptop. While connecting to the home network it says that I already have connected to the wireless network. It does not allow me to connect from public to the home network. So if you can find any specific solution then do let me know.

Re: Windows 7 does not show connected to the wireless home network

Well I would advise you to try removing all the wireless profiles that you have created for the network connections from the database. In case you don’t know how to do that then go to the network and the internet section and then select the manage connections option. After you are done with that right click on it and click on remove the current profile. This will remove the wifi profile that you have in the database. After having done with that try switching the wifi off, reboot the system and then see the changes. This might work for you.

The other solution that i can suggest you is try fixing the problem with the network troubleshooter. Do do follow these steps and you might get with the result.
    1) Go to the control panel in that open troubleshooting by typing in the start menu.
    2) Under the network and the internet go to the connect to the internet section.
    3) Click on the next if prompted. After that click on the Troubleshooting my connection to the Internet.
    4) If you have got some problem then it will report it to you and try selecting the option of repairing it as the administrator.
    5) If it is able to repair then your problem will be solved.
    Do consider this solution it will be very helpful.

I have a solution for you do try these steps
    1) Go to the network and the sharing center by typing in the search command.
    2) Below that click on the View your active networks.
    3) In the networking and the sharing page click on the change adapter settings.
    4) You will get the network connections windows and In that disable the network device that you don’t want in the network. You can also merge or delete multiple network locations and you can keep all the necessary connections.
    5) If you want to enable some connection then do highlight that particular connection and after all the deletion operation is done click on the enable this connection button.
    After some delay internet connection should resume.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given to me. Well let me tell you that after trying all the solutions specified by you all I have got the connection properly but in the network table it is showing that I am not connected. I am getting the internet connection but my system is saying that I am not connected to the network. Now why is this happening. If you have any idea then d let me know.

Well the particular problem may be due t the third party anti virus software that you might be using. This particular problem may be due to such reason because many of my friends had faced this similar problem and I have given the necessary solutions for them and that worked for them. So try removing all the third party anti virus program running in your system and reboot the system it will definitely work for you.