Thread: Windows 7 port forward not working

Windows 7 port forward not working

I have a very strange problem that I have decided to share it with you all. Well the problem is that I have a forward port 7777 in my router. It is connected to the IP of my computer. I have a windows 7 operating system. Well the problem is that it shows as closed everytime I use the online scan to check. Whereas when i forward the port to the other machine which does not uses the windows 7 operating system in the network then it shows as open. So I rebooted the system then also it did gave the same problem. Again I tried the same method by keeping the firewall on then also the same thing it shows closed. So anyone of you having any idea then do share it with me.

Re: Windows 7 port forward not working

Well looking at your problem it is quite complicated. So I will advice you to try with the static ip address. Well there are some problem with setting up of the static ip address so you can check it from the internet. Also ensure that while you are connecting via the router do make sure that you are entering the computer gateway in to the web browser. So do try with this above suggestions and do let me know if it works or not.

I would advise you to try with the method using dmz. Dmz means demilitarized zone. Dmz has the unique feature of forwarding all the ports that are specified in it. Try doing a dmz of your computer. You must be able to forward all your ports when you are able to dmz your computer. In case you are still not able to forward the port of the computer then you must be having some software firewalls in the computer that is trying to block all the ports in the computer. So do have a look over it and make the necessary changes.

While forwarding the ports do make sure that you have switched the firewall off. While there is a possibility that your firewall must be blocking some ports. So that’s why it is not allowing you to forward the port. While keeping the firewall you will be not having any idea which of the port is firewall blocking. So you can’t manually allow any permission to allow or disable the port. So its best to disable the firewall for some time. So do try with this method and let me know if it works or not.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestion that you have given. Well let me tell you that your solution worked for the windows 7 32 bit operating system. One of my friends who has the windows 7 64 bit operating system was not able to forward the port and that’s why his forwarding port was not working. So why is that solution works for the 32 bit and not for the 64 bit. If you all have any idea then let me know. Anyways thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given.