Thread: Adjusting MTU settings of router for Xbox Live

Adjusting MTU settings of router for Xbox Live

I want to change the MTU settings of the router and I do not have idea to do the same. So I have decided to share with you all so you can shade a light on the scenario. Well I want to tether my phone with Xbox 360 for xbox live. It needed MTU setting of 1364 to do the same. Well I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. I have searched on Google to get possible solution but it was fruitless. Anyone having suggestion regarding this problem please tell me. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Re: Adjusting MTU settings of router for Xbox Live

Well looking at your situation I think there is compatibility issue between Xbox and router or the gateway which you are having with you. I think your router or gateway having wrong MTU settings. Well MTU is setting on your router or gateway which affects the performance of the entire network. By default Xbox Live requires MTU settings of 1364. If your system fails to maintain MTU setting of 1364 you will not be able to login in to Xbox Live. MTU test could be fail if you are sharing connection between multiple connections.

Well I am suggesting following steps to solve your problem. First of all you have to power cycle all the devices which you are using to set up network. You have to check that whether you have installed correct firmware and make sure that it should be compatible with Xbox Live. You can follow the instruction which provided into router manual in order to change MTU setting. I hope it will work for you.

Well looking at your situation I am suggesting you that whether your router has facility to change the MTU settings. You can see into user manual or contact official router support team. If this feature is not supported by the router then you can look for the new router which contains the feature you needed. Also I want to tell you that if you are sharing the connection then you should directly connect without using router.