Thread: VNC through VPN

VNC through VPN

1. I have laptop and its IP address is 192.168.1.113 while I attach at home. I have VNC server operating on my laptop.
    2. I have workstation whose IP address is 192.168.1.104. I have VNC client operating on this workstation and I access my laptop via VNC client.
    3. Now, I linked my laptop to VPN. Later than I linked my laptop to VPN, I am losing power to laptop from VNC window from my workstation.

While I linked to VPN through laptop, I am getting novel Local Area Connection 2 with IP address 196.168.0.4, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway 192.168.0.1, DNS server 192.168.26.124. When my laptop is joined to VPN, I wish to connect to my laptop via VNC client from my workstation. Can someone please assist me in simple steps so that my VNC client works via VPN?

Re: VNC through VPN

Here I must say that, you require asking your IT subdivision for split tunneling that permits both local and effort IPs at the similar time, if they are insane, they will permit this. This will beat the entire antivirus and anti hacker safety they have anytime installed. But possibly they won't observe that. I wish this simple and easy information is useful and helpful for you.

I have a VPN which I attach to with my phone through the data network. And I as well have VNC software which I utilize to remote control systems. I can utilize VNC just well straight if I am not connecting via a VPN. On the other hand, if I bond to a VPN, and after that attempt to connect to a VNC system within the VPN bond, it will cut off from the VPN and after that obviously won't connect to the VNC client. Anybody knows how I can connect to the VNC PC and not have the VPN connection drop?

I would setup Hamachi on the laptop and workstation. Each will after that, be easy to get to over a protected network utilizing the 5.x.x.x network. The VPN should only route those addresses to the Internet like any additional requests. Or possibly utilize dissimilar VNC ports for the laptop and workstation and pass those ports on your router. Now you mention your laptop and workstation utilizing your public IP rather than your local IPs. As with Hamachi, these should be in retreat to the Internet by the VPN.

Both ways out utilize the similar basic method. They move you off the difficult local IP space and on to the public IP space to maintain the VPN server contented. For myself I favor the Hamachi way out since you can utilize it continually, even while you are on the road and require remote access, whether that is remote desktop, file sharing, FTP, http, and so on. And it does not need any firewall management, port forwarding, and exertions over SSL so ISPs not at all block it, and so on.