Thread: How do I restrict the wireless connections except my

How do I restrict the wireless connections except my

I have a Compaq Presario C700 laptop on my home network which is attached to the Internet wirelessly via my router. I wish to stop connections to all extra domains apart from my. So is there any way I perform this? I already tried many things with the suggestion of my friends and by searching on the Google and many more, but I can’t find any way which helps me to solve this issue. So please if anyone know about this issue the please help me out from this issue.

Re: How do I restrict the wireless connections except my

In my small trying any wireless network SSID I place in the blocked list, and consequently hide, was unrelenting later than a reboot of my laptop, that is I could still not perceive the blocked network in the list of existing wireless networks. You many require to unlock the Network and Sharing Center and choose control wireless networks after that remove surplus networks your laptop earlier linked to from that list. Have you seemed at the Netsh WLAN put in filter permit control string? That possibly will do what you wish to the extent that just being permitted to connect to your network. The disadvantage is if you get the laptop to a remote site you may unable to attach to existing public wireless networks. I have not experienced any of that.

Do you mean to put off others in the area from utilizing your network? If so, enter your router through the IP address, overlaps 192.168.1.101 or 192.168.0.101. Ensure your router creator online for the accurate address. Set web security. Subsequent time you attempt to connect, you will be inquired to insert the similar code in your wireless NIC. This will bond you but stop others from performing so. Just try this I wish this will help you to solve your problem.

Actually no. Not to discontinue others in my area from utilizing my connection, but the additional way around, to discontinue those in my family from utilizing other's connections. I wish to discontinue this laptop in my house from linking to any other network other than my. In other words, if a time boundary is compulsory at my router I wish to discontinue this laptop from just connecting to somebody else's unsecured network in range of his laptop's adapter.

Do you mean you don't wish to be able to bond mechanically to other wireless networks in your neighborhood/district? If so you can unlock Network and Sharing Center and after that click on Manage wireless networks. If you have associated to any of these networks in the long-ago you can unlock the Properties for an exacting network and make certain the Connect automatically while this network is in variety checkbox is unimpeded. If you have not linked to an exacting network then if presented the ability to connect make certain you don't choose the alternative to automatically connect.