Thread: How to Configure Axis Video Server on ATT with Motorola modem

How to Configure Axis Video Server on ATT with Motorola modem

As I declare in my title that I have a Motorola 2210 modem which is overpasses Ethernet and a Linksys wireless router which working well on the ATT S.E. DSL network. I have been annoying for 2 days to configure an Axis video server with no achievement. I hope somebody here has few answers. Please someone help me to sort this problem out. Any information related to this problem will greatly appreciate.

Re: How to Configure Axis Video Server on ATT with Motorola modem

You would require doing your port forwarding configuration on your Linksys router. It is as well probable that ATT chunks incoming requirements on port 80, so you may require utilizing an exchange port. It is an Axis 2400. Axis has a function which you can download which puts the IP. It can be establish by Googling Axis IP. My associate has an exact DSL modem or Linksys install and it has been utilizing for 2 years with the similar Axis server. He is in another State and has a dissimilar supplier not ATT.

The comments for the install say that it can determine the IP addresses of the Axis tools on the network. How to physically allocate an IP address to a solitary camera utilizing AXIS IP Utility:

The computer utilizing AXIS IP Utility must be situated on the similar network section as the camera.
    1. Obtain a vacant IP address on the similar network section as your computer.
    2. Ensure that the camera is linked to the network and that power has been functional.
    3. Power set the camera, which is twist the power off and twist it back on.
    4. Begin AXIS IP Utility. While the camera emerges in the window, right click on it and choose "Assign novel IP address" and type the IP address.
    5. Click on the "Assign" push button and pursue the directions.

Considering that the trouble emerges to be getting an IP address allocated to the server, and I am not certain that the Linksys can preserve IP addresses by MAC address reservation (how I would perform it with my D-Link DIR-655, or Netgear FR114P, or FV114), you may require to inquire in the Linksys site, or anything assist site Axis might present. On the other hand, since you are an AT&T Southeast provider, the AT&T Southeast site FAQ does have a bond only for people utilizing the Motorola 2210 with Linksys routers.

I did pursue the directions on how to setup the Motorola 2210 with a Linksys router and that appears to effort just well. While I attempt to utilize the Axis function to allocate an IP address to the Axis I receive a message which says that: "IP is out of the variety". The router exists in at 192.168.1.2 and says that the router can agree to 192.168.1. to 149. While utilizing the Axis utility I attempt to allocate 192.168.1.130 or any number to 149. That is while I receive the error message from the utility. The PC which I am utilizing the utility on is functioning either linked with an Ethernet cable to the router or a different associated wirelessly to the router so they are both within the series of 192.168.1.xx, so I guess the axis server is on a dissimilar section. And that is where I am wedged.