Thread: Not able to see the content of the homegroup shared libraries

Not able to see the content of the homegroup shared libraries

I have three PCs running Windows 7 Home Premium. Two computer on 64 bit PCs on a wired network as well as one computer on 32 bit laptop on wireless. I set up a homegroup from the laptop as well as after that connected it from the two 64 bit systems. The whole thing workings completely among the other 64 bit system as well as the laptop however this system does not observe the contents of the shared libraries on the additional two systems. It observe the systems, it observe the libraries however won't open them. I obtain no errors as well as I actually do not recognize where to look.

Re: Not able to see the content of the homegroup shared libraries

From my opinion you have to go to the HomeGroup troubleshooter by pressing the Start key, as well as after that pressing Control Panel. Then In the search box, you have to type troubleshooter, as well as after that press Troubleshooting. In the left pane, you have to press View all, plus after that press HomeGroup. If you are encouraged for an administrator password or verification then you have to type the password or give verification.

From my discussion I have come to conclusion that Sharing could be blocked through security software for example Firewall. At the present turn off the entire the security software as well as attempt getting those contents. More frequently than not, this be supposed to resolve the problem. If it does, altering sure configuration settings within the firewall is necessary.

Confirm that network place is not put to Public as HomeGroup is not obtainable on public networks. Alter it to Home Network. The initial time that you attach to a network, you must select a network location. This automatically sets the suitable firewall as well as security settings for the kind of network that you attach to. If you connect to networks in dissimilar locations, selecting a network position is able to assist make sure that your PC is always set to a suitable security level.