Thread: Multiple IPs via DHCP

Multiple IPs via DHCP

I desire to have one internet protocol address for my computer all the way through DHCP and one more Internet protocol address manually. Can you please allow me be familiar with how to do this in Windows 7, I am able on the way to attain this in windows XP by entering value in regedit, however at what time I tried to do the similar in Windows 7 it is not functioning.My Internet service provider (ISP) has given me four more IP's to make use; however I can just accomplish the first one by means of DHCP. If I had static Internet protocols I will make use of 'Internet protocol address x.x.x.x 55.255.255.252 secondary' - but this is not achievable on DHCP on the similar interface. I would like to know any ways how I can connect my four other IPs to the router? Thanks and regards

Re: Multiple IPs via DHCP

Did you attempt the Alternate Configuration tab? At what time your Internet service provider (ISP) allocate four static public addresses to you, you make use of one address for your router crossing point and make use of other three Internet protocol address for static NAT creation intended for your servers. Ssuch as my Internet service provider (ISP) gave four public Internet protocol of 11.10.10.1 to 11.10.10.4 and my router got 11.10.10.1 from Internet service provider (ISP) dhcp server.Aafter that, I will make use of 11.10.10.2 for my exchange server and 11.10.10.3 for my web server as well as 11.10.10.4 for File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server and generate static NAT for these three addresses so external world will acquire to my servers.Hope this assist.

Yes I attempted however it appears that alternate configuration tab Internet protocol address can just be used at the moment of non accessibility of DHCP address. However I require a DHCP address and a static address on the way to be configured at the similar instance. But this choice is accessible in windows xp. Can you please recommend me with a answer for this.

I am also having pretty much the similar trouble. To the extent that I can inform this is a Windows limitation moreover not an error or else anything anybody is able to fix simply. I believe it is unreasonable that Windows cannot manage profiles for dissimilar WiFi access points, all by their own DHCP or else Static Internet Protocol settings.

As for your trouble this is a answer I just found on a different windows 7 forum:
    1. Go to start menu and select Control Panel. As well as Enter the Network and Sharing Center
    2. on the left-hand side click on Change adapter settings
    3. on the network adapter right click and choose Properties
    4. Click on TCP/IPv4 and after that click on Properties
    5. Go to the Alternate Configuration tab on the way to set up your Static Internet Protocol settings
    This will get your system to try login by means of the DHCP server at first, while this fails, it will go back to the Alternate Configuration settings that has the Static Internet Protocol settings. As a result this will apparently be a slight slower to connect to the Static Internet Protocol address connection, but be supposed to work. Good Luck.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. I understand what you are saying but my problem is that I want all the internet protocol address to be connected to the router. Is that not probable? How will I go on to create static network address translation (NAT) on the four other Internet protocols. If you have any other suggestions to get rid of this issue please let me know. Your suggestion would be appreciated.