Thread: How to establish wifi connection for first time in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

How to establish wifi connection for first time in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

Two day ago I bought a Sony Ericsson xperia x8 from my neighborhood retailer. I have got good experience with this phone within two days. It has an easy GUI which can handle easily. The one thing I still didn’t able to find out is about the Wifi connection. First of all I want make out how the Wifi connection can be established for the first time. When I select accessible network by way of password it tells "obtaining IP address……..." and following a small number of seconds it again says "remembered secured with WEP". I don’t know what it means. Can anybody recommend me how to carry on? It is the first time I am trying to connect phone to my home Wifi connection.

Re: How to establish wifi connection for first time in Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8

When you have inserted the password intended for the wireless network in your home, the mobile phone will keep in mind that network meant for you. In order to connect the same network subsequently, each and every one of you must necessitate doing is to set off to Settings >Wireless & network settings. There after that choose the network from the catalog of accessible networks. It is just a simple process, you just misunderstand the message. Make sure that the router is accessible and allowed for further connection.

Hence you by no means essentially got it connected? It ought to work similar to the settings mentioned in the manual; however I on some occasion contain good fortune just by pulling the cable out of the rear of the wifi router and putting it to the same position to reset it. It from time to time works immediately to switch off and on over again the wifi on the X8. When I am next to residence - regarding the simply position I usually utilize the wifi - I be inclined to set it as a result that the wifi is forever on, with the intention that I don't cover issues while reconnecting. It happens sometimes in every Wifi network.

If you are connection the Xperia X8 for the former instance, you can effortlessly pick the Wi-Fi network you’d be fond of to link via the setup manager. When you pick within meant for either Mobile Network otherwise Wi-Fi, or else just Wi-Fi, the Xperia X8 will via default attempt to connect toward a Wi-Fi through the strongest network connection. Pick the wifi network you desire to connect on the way to, penetrate the password if necessary and you’re prepared. If you would like to modify the settings, or else set it up in favor of the first occasion, you can accomplish this all the way through the Settings menu. If you’re enforcing to access a network-based menu or app, you may perhaps be necessary to set up a fresh Wi-Fi connection. When impelled, go for the option toward set up a new-fangled connection.

Here are the steps for proper connection for the first time, whether it may be a secured network or hidden:
    • Go through the Wi-Fi settings page through navigating in the direction of the Wireless & networks menu inside the X8.
    • Choose Wi-Fi settings there
    • Prefer a scheduled wireless network, otherwise insert a hidden network by picking Add Wi-Fi network option.
    • If you select one of the listed networks and it’s might be protected, you need to enter the password and then press Connect and finally you are able to connected towards that network.
    • If you hope to access a hidden wifi network then pick Add Wi-Fi network and insert the SSID. it might also ask for a authentication password.

First of reset the router using the reset button holding for several seconds. Now the router will restored to its default settings. Upgrade the firmware for your wireless router if applicable. Now try to establish a connection as a new connection. You might need to reset the phone also. If you have any firewall preinstalled in that router then set it so that it can allow X8 connection. Otherwise open specific ports in order to establish the connection for the first time. Then you can use it as usual afterwards.