Thread: Windows 7:Network and Sharing Center - Unidentified Network

Windows 7:Network and Sharing Center - Unidentified Network

Circumstances
    • Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Small office network not more than 10 PCs
    • Some automatic Internet protocol addresses
    • a few defined internet protocol addresses intended for remote desktop
    • Windows XP PCs have no trouble connecting
    My problem is that infrequently when Windows 7 supercomputers reboot, cannot connect to network. I get UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK. Also cannot connect to anything (network drives or else internet).Have to disable/enable network adapter on the way to obtain network identification to recognize as NETWORK. Set as a “WORK” network. My question is that is there a means on the way to turn off network identification in Windows 7 as a result PC just connects to network? If not, is there a means on the way to uninstall that characteristic? If you have any suggestion please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows 7:Network and Sharing Center - Unidentified Network

As per my knowledge the computers are supposed to connect in spite of of network uniqueness. Yes I am familiar with security issue stuff. Forget that at what time dealing with small office networks. Maybe this can assist. If your system runs Bonjour attempt to uninstall it. And see if the problem still persists.If you have any other issue please let me know.

I will recommend you to try the following. Go to start menu and Type Cmd in the Start Search text box. This will open command prompt also you can Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut on the way to run a Command Prompt as an Administrator. Permit elevation. Now Type route delete 0.0.0.0 and press enter. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. Reboot the system and see if the issue is resolved or not.

I would like to inform you that many reasons can cause "Unidentified Network" error message, for example bad network adapter driver or else incompatible router or this may be due to any third party programs or else because of corrupted system components, and so on. If the PC is in domain, the server settings are also able to be the root cause. Normally speaking, at what time the connection has problem, this error may be expected. On our PCs, we do not come across such problem. For that reason, we could verify there are not inherited bug in Windows OS that causes this problem. All of the troubles are caused by any third party programs, for example driver problem, software or else hardware confliction. Furthermore, if the anti-virus, Registry cleaner you used is not compatible, the system components would be spoiled. This can also be the root cause of this problem.

I advise that you go in Safe Mode with Networking (Reboot PC and keep on pressing the F8 key at what time the boot menu pops up, choose [Safe Mode with Networking], and boot up) also make sure if the problem still take place. If it does not take place, I recommend that you restart to Normal Mode as well as temporary uninstall the anti-virus plus firewall. After that check the effect. On the other hand, if the problem continues in Safe Mode, the DHCP of the router may possibly be not compatible.

If the suggestion mentioned above does not resolve the trouble then please attempt to reinstall the network adapter. Please take away the existed driver as well as reinstall.

1. Go to Start menu and type "devmgmt.msc" in the Start Search box and press Enter.
    2. Enlarge "Network Adapters", double-click on the entry of the wireless network device.
    3. Click "Driver" tab and click "Uninstall". If ask for reboot press yes or OK.
    4. Go to Start menu and type "appwiz.cpl" in the Start Search box and press Enter.
    5. Remove the entry associated to the wireless network adapter.
    6. Reinstall the driver by means of your driver DVD.
    7. Reboot the system and see if the problem I resolved.