Thread: Wireless network sharing extremely slow in windows 7 64-bit Acer netbook

Wireless network sharing extremely slow in windows 7 64-bit Acer netbook

I am using an Acer aspire netbook, which is running with windows 7 64- bit system architecture. The machine I basically sue for internet access from my home network along with that some of entertainment purpose like to watch videos and also for playing games. I usually connect my machine with my younger brother laptop, which is running with windows vista OS, i connect by wireless service. Now the problem is that from few days I am not able to connect my laptop with my brother’s network or by any other machine via wireless. Where as if it connects then the sharing service is extremely slow in my system. It shows a message if it not connects, that the machine is not physically connect with the network, where as it shows that wireless is working fine, then what this message means? I don’t have any idea about this problem, so I am here to collect some of the information’s regarding this. Any suggestion will be helpful for me.

Re: Wireless network sharing extremely slow in windows 7 64-bit Acer netbook

I think the problem might be in your wireless driver, which is installed in your machine. I suggest you remove that from your machine with recommended settings, completely. After that also remove those files which are stored in your machine and is collaborating with the operating system. Reboot your machine, and go for a fresh reinstallation. I hope by this you will definitely be able to run your machine into the network.

I had similar issue, where as I was did a process, this might be help you. So first of all check the firewall option in your machine, now from there proceed to the sharing option, look for the machine name, by which you are trying to connect your laptop. If it listed then go to the properties of that machine name by right click on it. Check the sharing option. Otherwise if the machine name is not listed over there then select that one and then allow the machine should share the information with that other machine. Because. As per my knowledge the firewall is playing a vital role, so the sharing option should enable by that firewall. Along with that also make sure that the machines are properly configured with wireless service.

I would like to suggest you to reinstall the network driver, because I was also facing similar issue, and after that I was able to resolve the issue. So first of all insert driver installation disk into the CD ROM drive in your machine, and after that go to the driver properties by right click on it. Select update option, along with that choose advanced option, this will directs you to locate the driver installation program for your machine. Locate this one either from the disk, or if you stored it into some other location. I hope by this you will also able to overcome from your problem. If still the problem arrives, then I think you should go for a new network adapter.