Thread: Transfer rate is slow in windows 7 64 bit to win xp 32 bit

Transfer rate is slow in windows 7 64 bit to win xp 32 bit

In my home network when I transfer the data from windows 7 to windows xp i get very slow speed. But when I transfer a file from windows xp to windows 7 then I get a proper speed of 2 mbps. I really don’t understand why the speed become slow while transferring a file from win 7 to win xp. Is this happening because I’m trying to send file from 64 bit to 32 bit. Please tell me what is the problem and why this is happening. Please help me.

Re: Transfer rate is slow in windows 7 64 bit to win xp 32 bit

I don’t think this problem is occurring because you trying to send file from 64 bit to 32 bit. Your machine is of any bit, if it is in your network it should give a same speed. ensure that the machine from which you are trying to send a file have disable the antivirus program. If you have’nt disable then do that, but before doing that you have to create a system restore point first. you have to perform some steps to do that:
    Click start button on your system, click control panel, then click system and maintenance and then click system. In the left panel click system protection if you are asked for an administrator password provide that and give confirmation. After providing password click system protection tab and then create system restore point manually.

These problem occurred some times in a network, but if you’re facing this problem again and again then try to uninstall the network driver and then install it again. For uninstallation of network driver follow the following instructions:
    Click on start button of your system, go to control panel, click system and maintenance and select device manager. If you are asked for a password then type the password. In device manager window look for the network card, right click on the device and select uninstall. Install the latest driver from the internet and then try to send a file. Hope this will work for you.

I think you have enabled some security software, due to which you are getting slow speed. First check that any antivirus software is enable or not, if it is enable please disable that software. Then try to run the pc in safe mode and then check the problem is persisting in your network or not, for checking the network in safe mode perform the following instruction: restart your computer and press f8 key at the time of booting, when boot menu appears then choose safe mode with networking in advanced option menu and then press enter. Try to do this hope it will work for you.