Thread: Error while accessing NAS drive from Thunderbird in Linux Mint

Error while accessing NAS drive from Thunderbird in Linux Mint

In my residence I have a LAN toward which is associated each and every one my systems, several Windows XP plus single Linux box. Furthermore there is a Buffalo NAS drive (a LinkStation DUO 192.168.1.103) by means of a windows allocate Attic_drive on it. On top of this drive I have saved my profile meant for Thunderbird such that mails are available from whichever PC. In the midst of windows this has achieved exceptionally fine. Following plenty and tons of forum analysis, in addition test and error, I have established that I can accumulate the Attic_drive on top of Linux and connect it toward a folder /home/tim/Attic by the use subsequent command in terminal Window.
    Code:
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.103/Attic_drive /home/Tim/Attic -o –rw
    However when I subsequently attempt to initiate Thunderbird I obtain a dialogue envelope by way of the subsequent appearance "Thunderbird cannot utilize the profile "Default User" for the reason that it is in apply." in addition to "To carry on, shut the running occasion of Thunderbird otherwise prefer a dissimilar profile". What could be the cause for this?

Re: Error while accessing NAS drive from Thunderbird in Linux Mint

Make sure the following things in order to get the solution for your problem. Thunderbird is not previously functioning taking place your Linux computer, except has hung, parting the progression excluding no window. That you stopped up Thunderbird lying on Windows previous to shutting Windows along. If you have established together, find the way to the profile directory as well as verify in favor of the continuation of "parent.lock", "lock" along with ".parentlock" files and erase them. After that attempt over again. (These are typically removed automatically when Thunderbird suspends, however if it shuts down unusually they might have been gone at the back).

First of all I need to about one thing. Are you running chmod plus chown like a root? You ought to be root toward modify whichever files possessed through root; moreover you accomplish that with sudo. If you comprise a profile scheduled your local computer named as Default, you're going to cover issues using an additional by way of the similar name. You might necessitate altering the identity of one of both. This is assumption, despite the fact that, from the time when I don't utilize Thunderbird, favoring advancement.

You have posted that you successfully connected to the folder by the use of following command in the terminal Window
    Code:
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.103/Attic_drive /home/Tim/Attic -o -rw
    But still I urge you to try this command with a little modification and see what you will get.
    Code:
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.103/Attic_drive /home/Tim/Attic -o -rw,uid=1000
    "uid=1000 will formulate you the proprietor of the accumulate summit presuming you are "1000". In order to authenticate this, run the subsequent command to observe what your uid digit is and alter if required:
    Code: id

By the way of to be truthful among you I don't utilize fstab entries on the way to accumulate remote shares further longer for the reason that of a pair of bugs initiated through Ubuntu during the set up and shutdown procedure that completed it excessively unpredictable. Make out if this works in support of you. Open the terminal Windows and type
    gvfs-mount smb://192.168.1.103/Attic_drive
    You'll be provoked to set out a username, workgroup, as well as password and if the authentication is valid then you'll cover a mount icon on top of the desktop. The shortcoming is the mount position it automatically generates - it's inside a concealed file situated at:
    /home/Tim/.gvfs/attic_drive on 192.168.1.103