Thread: Is Users in windows can see if you are using similar connection

Is Users in windows can see if you are using similar connection

Thought regarding posting in the Networking board, but I think this is a much more safety oriented thread. I carry my laptop to an open place, for example library with single unlock, public, shared wireless network. I attach to that network. Let's suppose that everybody else who is linked is by means of Windows. Can they perceive my computer via Network Manager or additional software and assault it SYN flood or somewhat? Or does it based on the network settings? Please someone help me or give me some information regarding this.

Re: Is Users in windows can see if you are using similar connection

You will require samba setup to be observed in general, and even after that there is possibly an alternative to immobilize visibility. If you occur to be utilizing any services, or have ping react on, port scanners can discover your PC. To repair that, install a firewall rule to disregard inbound connections from any host you don't wish to attach, and immobilize ping respond. This is maybe not worth the attempt. You can be establishing with packet sniffers and the for example if you attach at all, but not anything can be made about that.

Obviously they can observe and assault you. You can be seen and assaulted any time you attach to a network and the internet. I recommend you unwind though as this is not windows and you are probable to be invincible to the majority things. On un-trusted networks, for example public wireless access point, I turn on my firewall and channel traffic over SSL or SSH as the major risk, IMO, exclusive to such a network, is a packet sniffer.

On Wi-Fi, everybody can inhale your packets, but if they are encrypted with WPA, then they won't know what the packets have. Anyway, if you sprint Ubuntu, then you require not terror the standard Windows Joe. It is the non average man Linux user that you require to fear. Always keep in mind; you are not suspicious, if they actually are later than you.

You require utilizing the command line, re-install, and after that wash out Firestarter. If you just eliminate Firestarter, it leaves arrangement files that clash with UFW; therefore they require washing out. This is an old Firestarter insect and as Firestarter is no longer preserved will not likely being fixed any time shortly. A firewall is for organization network travel in and out of your PC facilitating your firewall does not make you unseen. Because of the nature of the internet there is no such object as being unseen. As long as you are linked to the wireless access point you are noticeable. Encrypting your transfer is a different problem. Usually one does this by configuring the wireless access point to utilize encryption. This transfer can still be inhaled and decrypted.