Thread: Novatel Ovation MC930D USB Modem detected as flash drive

Novatel Ovation MC930D USB Modem detected as flash drive

I am annoying to utilize Novatel MC930D on Linux Mint 7 KDE utilizing KPPP. At primary boot, that is later than install the modem spotted mechanically but on the after that boot, the modem just perceived as flash drive. I have look for the internet regarding this and establish out that I should mount the drive after that register it utilizing the command
    Code:
    sudo modprobe -r usbserial
    sudo umount /media/O2_Connection_Manager
    sudo modprobe usbserial vendor=ID product=ID
    However, the command over giving me fatal error as an effect. Anyone have any idea or anybody can assist me?

Re: Novatel Ovation MC930D USB Modem detected as flash drive

I also have the same problem and not anything occur while I unhook it, even later than restart, still the similar. I even attempt to reinstall Linux Mint, but this time, the 1st boot did not spot the modem mechanically. The error stated over, it was akin to FATAL error because of USB serial module is not loaded or so. How do I recognize that the USB serial module survived on my Linux? Do I require launching it? Please someone help us for this problem. Thanking you….

I cannot provide you a reply about USB serial as it is occasionally constructed into the kernel and occasionally not. If I attempt to set the modem you have: almost all these modems currently arrive as zeroCD devices: meaning you don't require a split CD to sprint them on windows; they have windows software in one of their orifices, and it gets setup into a windows PC. So while you plug it into Linux, it feels it has a CD ROM attached; you require spinning it into being a USB modem. So if you type:
    Code:
    lsusb
    You will get one seller ID Product ID code, and if you productively flip the device, it continues at the similar Vendor ID but has novel product ID.
    • One method to flip is to tell the PC to throw out the seeming CD:

Code:
    Sudo eject /dev/sr0

I manage to obtain the modem perceives utilizing your process over. I just right click the CD ROM after that choose eject (I am not utilized to the terminal up till now). However, while I attempt to put in the modem to KPPP and check the modem utilizing query modem, it gets one more error
    Code:
    Maker: Novatel Wireless Incorporated Model: Ovation MC930D Card.  Revision: 3.14.00.0-00 [2009-12-25 10:15:05] IMEI: 359873110130405  +GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES    ERROR
    One more thing is that my supplier locks the SIM utilizing standard PIN code, but KPPP does not provide any feature to undo the SIM earlier than connecting. I establish a technique to release the SIM
    Code:
    # echo "AT+CPIN="pin sim" > /dev/ttyUSBx
    When and where should I type the command over? Can’t I put in the open SIM command to the initialization cord on KPPP?

I am utilizing a Novatel U760 USB for my Broadband; as well contain a flash drive characteristic. I exposed that the secret to not being perceived as detachable memory is to leave the SD memory card slot unfilled. The default Network Manager in Linux Mint 7 major spotted it right away. Linux Mint 7 Xfce CE has Wicd and was not perceived. I am not well-known with which network manager KDE utilizes. Possibly, the trouble is there. What I did to obtain my network functioning in Xfce was to download Network Manager from the Debian site, save it to flash drive. After that switch Operating system and unlock and setup Network Manager in Linux Mint 7 Xfce. Appears like an approximately means to do it, but it worked. My exacting run cell phone service was preconfigured within the Network Manager files. Just contain to click or verify a pair of boxes and my connection was up and functioning.