Thread: Eee PC 1005HA: Ethernet disabled after resume from hang

Eee PC 1005HA: Ethernet disabled after resume from hang

Newly setup Linux Mint 8 on my Eee PC 1005HA and it works properly right out of the box. Both Ethernet and WI-FI appear to work excellent. The just problem I have however is that the Ethernet appears to be disabled later than I recommence from hang. It will be functioning well earlier than hanging up, but while I hang and after that resume, I receive a message saying the Ethernet connection was disabled. Network manager exhibits just the wireless and makes no state of an Ethernet connection. Obviously, no internet linked tasks work either. Running
    Code:
    lshw -C network
    exhibits both Ethernet and WI-FI devices earlier than hanging up, but later than hanging just the WI-FI device shows up. So my first doubt is that the machine is someway not being woken up later than the hang. Any ideas or any suggestions?

Re: Eee PC 1005HA: Ethernet disabled after resume from hang

I don't think it would be BIOS linked. I did not have this trouble on Eeebuntu 3. However, Eeebuntu 3 did not even have an Ethernet driver, so I had to setup one in my opinion. Possibly something about the integrated driver in the kernel is still blistering since it is it seems that novel. I surprise if others are having alike troubles. Anyway, to make certain, what would I seem for in the BIOS settings?

Just had a look, I was quite astonished to discover just a very negligible set of settings in the BIOS. There did not appear to be any power management alternatives in my BIOS in any way, so there was not anything to set. Aside from that, it would appear that S3, particularly on a laptop, is extremely preferable to S1 since it utilizes fewer powers, so utilizing S1 as reserve state, even if I discover how to do it, would be an impermanent repair at best.

Does the network truly work if you physically disconnect and after that reconnect eth (0)? Not only displaying functioning connection in the Status Bar but as well established by annoying a Google search? My laptop does not reboot the network connection correctly on restart either. On the other hand it does not function either later than physical disconnect or reconnect. I exhausted many time pursuing secondary problems to discover an answer until I exposed that network was not actually functioning even though cp reported that it was okay. Any form of Disconnect whether by hang or physical Disconnect appears to have similar result. I have a local 4 ports Ethernet WAN or LAN router hub which attached to a Cable Modem router through Ethernet in a different room. It possibly that, the Linux Networking cannot again index with my local 4 port Ethernet Hub. I am going to continue plugging away from time to time. If I could obtain this fixed it should after that be okay to hang and Linux will after that be extremely working for me. But this one is pretty hard one.

I have the similar trouble as you: If I immobilize Wi-Fi earlier than shutting down, no trace of wired hardware on further boot. I have to reboot once more with Wi-Fi in order to have my network card once more. I installed Jupiter and it did not anything. I have no hint remaining now! My configuration is:
    Code:
    Eee pc 1005HA-M
    Linux Mint 9 LXDE, advanced
    Please help me if anyone has any more information or any other useful tips.