Thread: Linux: At the time of dual boot should I need Internet security suite

Linux: At the time of dual boot should I need Internet security suite

In Linux, while dual booting a system with Microsoft Windows, or Mac for that purpose, do I require an Internet security suite or creature packages? I know Linux is comparatively resistant to bugs, malware and spyware, but I do know that I require a firewall. There are two stuffs here. What firewall is top below Linux? Although Linux is resistant to Viruses, it can still be a carrier. Is there an Antivirus program to test for viruses earlier than they achieve Windows or Mac?

Re: Linux: At the time of dual boot should I need Internet security suite

I don't think a firewall is the problem at this point. Seeming at your situation I consider there is a superior require for an antivirus application like ClamAV. If you do contain a dual boot system with Windows and the Windows panel is raised in Ubuntu, all viruses have free access to that panel. It is right that Linux is resistant to Windows viruses; it does not free you from viruses. While you get an email from a Windows users and it have an attachment asset a virus, the virus will not affect your Linux or Ubuntu system, but the virus is there! While you forward that mail, you not just forward the text but as well the attachment asset the virus. But what occurs while you save the add-on? It could taint the Windows partition while you unlock the attachment afterward below Windows. All the same, it could taint your Windows partition while the bug itself is forcefully looking for for a Windows panel. And there is the risk for Linux users. While you send or receive email that holds a bug, if you are utilizing a fileserver or mail server, swapping files with Windows users. As a Linux user you will not at all be familiar with if a file is asset a virus since Linux is resistant to Windows viruses, there is no obvious outcome. No applications that tells you there is a virus on your system of in a few file.

It is suggested to utilize an antivirus application while you swap files with Windows systems and users. Not just to defend your personal mail traffic or file swap, but as well to defend the Windows users for getting impure files and mails from you. As well MacOs is protected for Windows viruses since MacOs is a UNIX OS and Linux is a UNIX based OS. On my individual site there is a complete page regarding antivirus applications. It provides you a few ideas regarding which applications are presented for Linux.

You just require using antivirus software if you are helping to Windows machines. I think that Ubuntu arrives with the firewall preconfigured, so you can only utilize it and overlook about safety troubles. If you require to or wish to for the fun of it you can setup a devoted 24/7 firewall/router machine. I utilize an old PIII; via a PII will cost fewer than the 2400 INR per year that the headless PIII does. IPCop is my option, it works flawlessly for me, and there are additional alternatives which a hunt will mention for you if you are interested.

As has been pointed out, this is not Windows and you do not require any of those stuffs. UFW is unimportant, unlock a terminal and type:
    Code:
    sudo ufw enable
    I for myself do not subscribe to the premise that you should sprint antivirus on Linux only because you might be a carrier. These tools usually just yield fake positives and I do not think you can in any way defend windows users with no educating them on how to protect Windows. And please interpret the safety; it responds all your queries in additional detail with references.