Thread: How to create Image of NT Server

How to create Image of NT Server

I have in our network or a Windows NT server running, which performs important functions well despite its age. The server is running reliably, so I have not yet had no reason to replace it. Is it on Windows NT Server tools to create a complete disk image that could be restored if necessary on another computer? I have Backup & Recovery in use, but which unfortunately does not work with NT.

Re: How to create Image of NT Server

You can use VMware or similar to make this.I would rather try to virtualize the box. You do not have Acronis installed on the server, but I would burn a cd and on the weekend or if the server is not used the server go down, probably has not yet usb2 so for the time of backups usb2 and card installed with acronis and make an external hard drive a backup. And regarding this issue I want to know that how big are the data / disks / partitions on your server?

Can you say what services on your NT server running? The ip or bound to the mac address? Something you should also bear in mind. You'll get all the problems for new cases (current hardware) driver to get NT server, so I would virtualizes and recommend all cases (can even use the new hardware for it). So please give me all these information so that I can help you in better way.

Do you have the version Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation? And it has included in Acronis PXE server at the same one. Because you should only activate when you are sure that you're the only one who will boot. So which version you have a set? and you have the speed we can carry on the most? I would not do business in production. You should make sure that the server via pxe booted schema or create a network-ready map Properly again please include the drives are IDE or SCSI? And the server (still) a floppy drive or even a cd-rom drive?

I have unfortunately only the Workstation version. In my case I think that WE is not a problem. Should be IDE drives. How can I check whether the part to boot via PXE? (Possibly in the BIOS) are floppy and CD-ROM available on the machine. Regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but not able to get the exact solution. So please help me in order to get rid from this kind of issue.