Thread: TCP IP with ISDN connection

TCP IP with ISDN connection

Perhaps one can even explain in simple terms the following concepts (TCP / IP / Static IP / ISDN / DSL): Following relationship thatThere are data from a machine via TCP / IP transfer available. And my question is TCP / IP is just simply the protocol of data transmission and the addressing of the Internet, right? TCP / IP is also possible via ISDN? I guess so, since one can go to the Internet with ISDN, but It might be the problem that one cannot find cheap or flat? Is DSL predictable? Do I need a fixed IP for the machine location, if I access from the remote business location and wants to open from here, the data transfer. How is it related to the collective choice? If the cost in the accessing point (that company) or location but because flow data from there?
    I hope you can help me.

Re: TCP IP with ISDN connection

I'll take you to the access times for maintenance and support purposes to the machines need / want. This is both ISDN and DSL, but DSL is recommended, if only to get an impressive machine with running what is effectively the machine, not just 30 seconds later. So just go if VNC or the like to be more bandwidth is quite well. You need a static IP for the machine location, depending on how you want to enhance the communication but that would be easier (VPN: IPSec or SSL). And the phone costs for ISDN, as always, it pays to call out. And depending on the duration can be very expensive by the hour. And yes TCP / IP is the protocol is transmitted over that.

Yes I want access for inspection purposes and recorded data for the company database. Drag Down So to keep cost to it, I could at a fixed location by DNS and Address to make available, at the site only is ISDN available. Now when I am of the firm preselect and retrieve the data that would not really change anything go to the company's expense, where DSL is available or Flat?

To the TCP / IP and ISDN vs. DSL vs. internet so you should have a clue what OSI layer model put Simply, two applications in a computer network to communicate this need, a variety of tasks to be done. These will be provided by a layer (Layer). The individual layers build on each other, and for each layer, there are different implementation options. A task is as the physical transport of data. But can Ethernet, DSL, ISDN or another are used. And regardless of what is taken, can be used in other, higher layers, TCP and IP. So much for this theme. An ISDN connection stays always the one they built - independent thereof, in which direction to flow as much data. A flat rate you need not be: yes you can call from the headquarters of the machine location if you need something of it (and then disconnect the connection again). So you have something, the topic of static IP I think it will get solved.

If you have an analog or ISDN dial-in you can address this from any telephone worldwide. If you have einHandy which can work as a modem, it is whether or not that comfortable. As long as there are only 1-2 alarms a day, the phone costs more the part of negligible some history. Interesting it is when the plant is in continuous disturbance and any single failure report with a new name, and then it becomes expensive. For the main data for GSM / UMTS to the provider but you should watch what he will give you addresses for IP. I know that Vodafone in part with private addresses 10.xxx works which can be exciting, depending on the IP address of the machine.