Thread: Wi-Fi router for internal use

Wi-Fi router for internal use

If you have any suggestion regarding this then help me.
    1. What communication is a standard wireless router on the LAN?
    2. Do all involved wireless computer be capable of?
    3. What is a computer from another address?
    4. Other computer programs and data can we access?
    5. Is it from the outside it is on Internet communicated with computers on the LAN?

Re: Wi-Fi router for internal use

1. With WLAN, you have the same opportunities as on LAN.
    2. To have a connection to the wireless network, each unit is either a built-in wireless card or a wireless USB stick.
    3. This goes beyond the IP (123 456 789 012), which is usually automatically assigned by the router. Alternatively, the response will also work on assigned computer name.
    4. Data can be accessed easily if they are released from the computer. Programs can not so easily controlled remotely. This would be additional programs, such as remote maintenance, are needed.
    5. If the router has no Internet connection available, it will not do. Otherwise, all computers that are connected to the router, access to internet and can talk about it.

Regarding this I want to say you that the question is too general. And for the next question you cannot use different types of connections (WLAN, wired LAN, Power line, etc.) mixed use completely transparent. There was even a demonstration of times (of course, was fun - but it really happened), where is all things about. So this is my personal opinion about it.

A LAN now works (previously there were a few other variations) over the TCP / IP protocol, the same way as the Internet itself means that any PC that has a first IP address . In contrast to the Internet is used in small LANs for reasons of simplicity, however, no name server (which make the Internet such as the implementation to the IP address 188.93.8.97), but - at Windows - a Windows- own mapping between computer names and IP addresses. A PC on the LAN, both through its IP address as well as the computer name (under System Properties -> Computer Name) can be addressed.

First, it is possible, or entire drives on a PC for access over the LAN to release directories. For the Home versions of Windows that is only fairly flat in the Business-/Professional and you can make many detailed settings. Programs on another computer, you cannot use directly, except in two special cases. Firstly, portable programs can be started (i.e. programs, no installation require), and second, it is possible via remote access (e.g. via VNC other PC complete remote control of one). The operation is then exactly the same as if you directly sitting in front of the PC.

What communication is a standard wireless router on the LAN? Regarding this the emphasis is on LAN, because I think that connecting with the desire to make a second computer over the one with access to the Internet, at least one such has occurred. Wireless is "state of consumption", not to avoid. Because the second computer is a laptop (Apple G4, from birth, wireless-capable) is, but I got the opposite. The old PC (Windows 2000), however, depends on cable on one of the four Ethernet jacks on the NETGEAR Wireless-150N router. I start diffidently, but please write me on the steps so I can have a text written on the laptop from the PC and edit call (doc).The other way, and I bring forth all images and graphics from the PC to the laptop would, at them later. With the laptop from the garden or even a different city from programs that are on the PC (eg AutoCAD) to use, is the future. In the PC I have now a name (in System: Network Information) and the laptop an IP address (in network: TCP / IP) found.