Thread: Cannot share file from Windows 7 machine

Cannot share file from Windows 7 machine

I have windows XP Dell laptop that is having a folder that is called named as Quickbooks. I have all the time shared this folder stuck between two Windows XP machines. Now I have changed to Windows 7. Windows 7 machine is able to see the Windows XP machine and also notice the shared file but always gives me the error that “Windows cannot access \\HOLLYS-PC\Intuit” You do not have authorization to right to use \\HOLLYS-PC\\Intuit. Make contact with your network manager to ask for access. I have chased file sharing commands on both machines but found no HOMEGROUP put on Windows 7. Please help.

Re: Cannot share file from Windows 7 machine

First thing that you need to check in such cases is that you have not set the restriction on the access of that file. So right click on the file that you are not getting access to. Select the properties and see for any such restriction. Change the settings accordingly and save the changes. This is the basic thing that you need to check in the cases like this. I hope that this will help you in any manner.

The simplest method to share files for a home network is to make otherwise connect a homegroup. A homegroup is a assembly of computers which share pictures, music, videos, documents, and yet printers. The computers have to be installed the Windows 7 to contribute in a homegroup. When joining a homegroup then you have to inform Windows which folders otherwise libraries to share and which to kept confidential. Windows will then work at the back the scenes to clasp between the suitable settings. Other people cannot alter the files that you share except you provide them consent. You can also defend your homegroup by means of a password, which you can modify at any time. Homegroups are accessible in the entire Windows 7 version. Though, in the Home Basic as well as Starter editions, you can just connect a homegroup, not generated one. Computers that be in the right place to a domain can connect a homegroup, but they cannot share files. They can just access files shared by additional computer.

Try the below steps to see if that can able to solve the issue for you. I cannot say for sure that this will resolve the issue but it will also not be a bad idea to try the steps below.
    1. First of all enable network identification.
    2. Now enable file as well as printer sharing.
    3. Permit others to permit reading as well as writing files of public folder to every user through access to the network
    4. Make use of the 128-bit encryption for protected connections to file sharing.
    5. Turn off password secluded sharing
    6. Permit Windows to run the connections of the home. This is recommended.

A homegroup helps to connect computers on top of your home network in order that you will be able to share pictures, music, videos, and printers. The homegroup is confined by means of a password, and you will for all time be capable to select what you share through the group. Creating otherwise joining a homegroup is the simplest way to share files as well as printers going on a network. Follow the steps below.
    1. First of all open the HomeGroup. Click on the Control Panel after clicking the start button. Type homegroup within search box and then click on HomeGroup.
    2. Click Create now otherwise Join now and then go behind the instructions that it provides you after that.

It is recommended to you to make use of a homegroup so that you will be able to share files and printers that are there on your network so that it will be much easier for you to setup. File as well as printer sharing devoid of using a homegroup is a process that is divided into two parts. First, you need to turn on sharing. And the second thing is you require putting sharing goods to the item itself otherwise moving it to one of the Public folders with the intention that new people be able to get right to use it.