Thread: Error Mapping Network Drive between Vista and Windows 7

Error Mapping Network Drive between Vista and Windows 7

I have been making use of the Windows Vista and also the Windows 7, in two different systems the one I have been making use in the desktop computer and the other one is being used by me in the Laptop, but the main problem is that it is causing some of the errors and I am just clueless what kind of the error is being faced by me. The Windows 7 is being installed in the internal drive of the desktop computer and the Windows Vista is being connected to the Laptop that is being used by me. I have tried out the mapping of both the system, but the main problem is that it is not working out well, and is causing some kind of the error to me. Please help me out what kind of the error is being faced by me and also provide the solution for this.

Re: Error Mapping Network Drive between Vista and Windows 7

For the Network Drive Mapping the important factor is that you have to share some of the files with it so that there are no problem in the sharing of the files and no error is being generated when you are just making use of the files when it is being connected to the network that you are just going to make use of. And also the scenario is such that you have to make use of the connection string that is being sued for the connection between the two systems that you are just planning to make use of.

And also it is that you can just follow the steps that can be used for the connection un the network that you just wanted to do and also when it is being the case of the Windows Vista or Windows 7, both of them are having the same kind of the option of the system that can be shared among themselves for the connection. Just follow the steps that are just given below:
    1. At the start you have to take the ownership of the files and the folders that is being present and then follow the steps that are being preceded down further.
    2. At the start you have to right click on the files and folders that you are just going to make use of. Then you have to click on to the Security Tab option and then see that whether it works well with the system that you are just talking about.
    3. After that you have to click on to the Advanced and then click on to the Owner tab.
    4. And also it is that you can just change the owner and the users and the group that is not listed and then you can just click on to the users and the groups and then you can just enter the object name and then click on to the OK button.
    5. And after that you have to change the owner of the file that is being use for the connection and then bring down the changes by just clicking on to the new owner option.

See that the changing of the owner will work out well for the system that you are just making use of.

Try to change the owner and just see that the working of the files is working out well for the system or not. And also you can just follow the steps that are just being given for the system that you are just making use of:
    • You can just take the ownership of the files and the folders by just making the minor changes and also it is that you can just got to the option of the users and also the group of the files that is being listed and then you can just replace the owner that is present in the subcontainer and also check out the objects that have been used for it.
    • After the settings for the ownership is being done you can just click on to the option of the OK that will set the new connection with the files and the folders that is being used between the Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
    • And also see that all the permissions are being applied down perfectly without any of the changes in it.

I hope that this solution fits the problem that is being faced by you.

And if you don’t know how to set the permissions for the files that you are just making use of, you can just follow the steps that is being given to you below:
    1. And also after that you a have to Right click on the Folder that is present and then you can just select Properties option where you can get the details, that is being given by me.
    2. After that you have to Select the option of the Security tab
    3. Then you can just prefer the Edit button
    4. For the planning of the system and then applying to the system that you are just making us of.
    5. After that you can Select Add type in Everyone.
    6. Then you have to Click on Check names
    7. Then click on to the Ok button and then see that whether to works well for you or not.
    8. After that Under Group or user name you have to select Everyone
    9. Then under the permissions for system check Allow full control.

See that the above steps can be used for the declaration of the permission in the system that you are just making us of.